Every now and then, you chance upon a product that is so innovative yet so simple that you mutter to yourself: Why didn’t I think of that?
That’s what I thought when I received a sample of Simply Hydration bottle from ultra marathoner Tin Ferrera.
The brainchild of seasoned Ohio based triathlete and marathoner, Brian Hock, Simple Hydration, is an innovative product revolutionizing the way runners, cyclists, triathletes, crossfitters, gym buff or anyone on the go hydrate. Hock got sick of handhelds and bulky belts during his tri-training and instead of complaining or suffering, he invented this bottle.
The Simple Hydration bottle is a 13 ounce bottle with a unique contoured shape for a great fit. It is slender in one place, wider in the other, and has a lip on one side to hook on a belt or waist band. It is easy to grip with one hand, insert in your shirt by your nape, around the waistband of your running shorts or race belt for a comfortable, bounce-free run. It just hooks anywhere! It is BPA free, made of LDPE and manufactured in the USA.
It’s so simple, convenient, and light; I loved it. I preferred to grip it with one hand while on the run rather than clipping it onto my shorts or inserting it in the back of my shirt as I found this to be very uncomfortable. The spout is a slightly difficult to pull with your teeth, but it does ensure that it doesn’t spill nor open while on the run. While 13 ounces may not be enough for a run above 10k, I found this to be the perfect size because any bigger would be too heavy to lug around. The solution would be to ensure that you can refill at some point for longer training runs.
[WIN A SIMPLE HYDRATION BOTTLE!]
How to Join
Complete the statement below by posting a comment on this blog post:
“I WANT TO RUN WITH SIMPLE HYDRATION, THE BOTTLE THAT HOOKS ANYWHERE. I will use my SIMPLE HYDRATION BOTTLE for my ________________. I like it because ________________.”
Include your Name and Email address
“I WANT TO RUN WITH SIMPLE HYDRATION, THE BOTTLE THAT HOOKS ANYWHERE.
I will use my SIMPLE HYDRATION BOTTLE for my training run for my first triathlon. I like it because it will keep me hydrated while running and I can hook it anywhere after getting off the bike”
- One runner will win a Simple Hydration Bottle.
- First 20 runners to enter get a P100 discount on the purchase of their SIMPLE HYDRATION bottle. They can claim this at Second Wind Running Store or G-Stop.
1) Deadline for submission of entries: FEBRUARY 22, 2013, FRIDAY at 11:59 AM.
2) TBR will choose one winner.
3) Only one entry per runner. Submission of more than one entry leads to disqualification.
4) Winner will be announced on this blog post and will be advised via email on how to claim the prize.
[WHERE TO BUY]
Simple Hydration Bottle is available for P850 at the following stores:
- A Runner’s Circle (Roxas Blvd., Cebu City, Legaspi City)
- G-Stop (Greenhills, Alabang Town Center)
- Second Wind Running Store (Ortigas Home Depot, Greenhills, UP Village)
- Sprint Multisports Store (Cagayan De Oro)
- The Brick Multisports Store (Mckinley, Taguig City and Cebu City)
Congratulations to our winner: Alfred Roderick Estefani aka Basura Boy! You win 1 Simple Hydration bottle because of your answer below:
I WANT TO RUN WITH SIMPLE HYDRATION, THE BOTTLE THAT HOOKS ANYWHERE. I will use my SIMPLE HYDRATION BOTTLE for my training for the upcoming Milo Marathon since I’m planning to run the 42k there. I like it because I’m a minimalist. I run on Vibram Five Fingers, huaraches or even barefoot. For a hydration bottle, it doesn’t get more minimalist than this.
The following runners get P100 off Simple Hydration bottle at Second Wind Running Store or G-Stop:
- Vince firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angelica May Pinon email@example.com
- Melissa dela Pena firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maricar Leyva email@example.com
- Addison firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ricky Artigas email@example.com
- Tristan John Castro firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lemuel Mira email@example.com
- Deanna firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kenneth Rola email@example.com
- Jay firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen May Caliente-Mira email@example.com
- John Paul Bello firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rowell Garcia email@example.com
- Aaron Kyle firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbra Nava email@example.com
- Michael Sanchez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Clint Lura email@example.com
- Julius Romero firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosemarie La Torre email@example.com
Please expect an email from us regarding claiming of your prize.