Happy Mother’s Day! Below are some of my favorite running products which make great gifts for your running mommy:
1. NIKE FREE – The Nike Free 5.0 offers runners increased foot strength and a barefoot-like feel. Key features of this shoe include Nike Flywire technology which delivers a dynamic, glove-like fit, and lightweight mesh providing optimal ventilation, articulated flex grooves along the length and width of the midsole to enhance flexibility and help maintain stability and 8mm midsole offset. This shoe is perfect for running and walking! Available at Nike stores. Php 5,295. www.nike.com
2. SKORA – Recognized as the crème de la crème of running shoes with its use of premium leather materials and unparalleled fit which created a new category of the ‘luxury’ running shoe. Skora running shoes are meant for both the serious athlete looking for a shoe that provides the closest experience to running barefoot, and for the novice looking to get re-acquainted with the natural running style uninhibited by excess material. Available at Runnr stores. Prices vary depending on model from P4,500 to P7,500. www.skorarunning.com
3. OTTERBOX ARMOR SERIES – The OtterBox Armor Series case brings protection against water, drops, dust and crushing force. Metal latches, o-ring seal, port covers and mesh coverings keep water out and allow the Armor Series case to be completely waterproof. Available at Otterbox kiosks. P4,900. www.tenkiebox.ph
4. YURBUDS INPSIRE FOR WOMEN – Designed as true sport equipment, yurbuds are sweat proof, water resistant and allow ambient noise, such as passing cars, to be heard. Inspire for Women is the newest addition to the growing yurbuds collection. It is designed specifically to fit smaller ears and features all of the classic yurbuds qualities including sweat and water resistant design, FlexSoft™ comfort fit, TwistLock™ Technology and ambient noise awareness. Women can train in color with the new Inspire for Women, choosing from six options – aqua, pink, yellow, green, purple and orange. Available at Planet Sports, The Athlete’s Foot, RUNNR, Urban Athletics, MOVE, Brooks, and PowerMac Center. P1,500. www.yurbuds.com
5. SPIBELT – Original SPIbelt is sleek, expandable, secure and does not bounce. Hold an iPhone tm, Droid tm, keys, energy gels, and other small personal items. Spi Belt does not bounce, ride or shift while on the go, and is the perfect running companion. Fits waist sizes 24”to 40”. Splash Underwater Imaging, Inc Level B, Store # 2003 Shoppesville Arcade. P990 to P1,450. www.spibeltph.com
6. BOBBLE - Combining elegance with health-giving benefits, bobble is a chic, reusable drinking bottle, designed by renowned industrial artist Karim Rashid. It is eco-friendly with unique, replaceable carbon filter which purifies potable water even further by eliminating chlorine and organic contaminants for a fresher and crisper clean drinking water. P695 (1000ml), P595 (550ml), and P495 (375ml). Filters – P345. www.waterbobble.com or www.facebook.com/bobble.ph
7. HALO HEADBAND – Halo Headbands are made from a lightweight, comfortable Dryline fabric and a Sweat Block Seal to direct sweat away from the front of your face and off to the side of your head. Available at Runnr. Currently at 15% off at Runnr for Mom’s Day.