Surprise surprise! Due to the success of the first TBR Dream Marathon and the public clamor for a second event, we are happy to announce:
THE BULL RUNNER DREAM MARATHON 2011
SUNDAY, MARCH 6 2011
NUVALI, STA. ROSA, LAGUNA
in partnership with
TBR Dream Marathon last May 22 was a huge success, but we’re bent on staging an even better event this year for TBR Dreamers Batch 2. Brainstorming, meetings, and dreaming of our “Dream Race” are underway. For now, these are the details we can reveal to have interested runners block off their calendars and mentally prepare for one of the most thrilling adventures of their lives:
Date: Sunday, March 6, 2011
Venue: NUVALI, Sta. Rosa, Laguna
Number of participants: 400 runners. As with TBR Dream Marathon 2010, priority will be given to first timer marathoners but 2nd timers will be allowed entry. Details to be announced in September.
Registration: Target date – September 2010. First come, first served. Registration info will be announced ONLY through The Bull Runner (blog, facebook, twitter). Note: Last May, slots were filled in 3 days so stay tuned!
Registration Fee: To be announced.
Training Program: Target date – starts mid-October 2011 until race day. All registrants will receive a 20-week TBR Dream Marathon training program developed by Coach Jim Lafferty. Participants will also be prioritized during:
- Bull Sessions: FREE running clinics starting October 2010 to February 2011
- Bull Circles: FREE running talks starting October 2010 to February 2011
Beneficiary: HERO Foundation (stands for Help Educate and Rear Orphans). HERO foundation provides educational stipend support to children of soldiers who are killed-in-action or are permanently incapacitated in battle. Original founders: late Pres. Corazon Aquino, former AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Renato de Villa, Don Jaime Zobel de Ayala, and other concerned businessmen. Click HERE to view website.
In the meantime, sit tight and think about it. If you’re dreaming of a marathon, TBR Dream Marathon may be just the right one for you! Here are some letters we received after TBR Dream Marathon last May:
I wanna say kudos for organizing such a FANTASTIC race. Even the term fantastic would be an understatement for the event that you just did.The race was very very very organized….I cant say that enough. From the aid stations, the support crew, the logistics, everything! It was perfect. The first/second timers are really really luckyI’ve done a lot of races like Singapore marathon, Ironman West Australia and I can say that this is almost up to par all of them from the organization, down to the execution. Honestly i think you may have set the bar too high though
- Carlos de Guzman, pacerI did it!!!! WE did it!!!! Thank you so much, Jaymie. Really, words cannot express my deep gratitude for all you have done. That was the most amazing marathon a new runner could ever ask for.
- Marnie HurstMaraming maraming maraming salamat. I am one of the very lucky runners to have experienced the TBR Dream Marathon last May 22. It is a very special and priceless experience in my lifetime. I am sure this is the same with many if not all of the other participants. You are very much responsible for making our dream(s) come true.
- Macky de LimaLast Saturday, I surpassed one of the greatest physical challenges known to man. I probably would have joined other full marathons but your event was different. It was well thought of, well planned, and well executed. I could never ask for a more personalized run than this. You inspire me to share the love and passion for running to other people.
- John Benedict P. SalvadorAt first, I thought it was called the “Dream Marathon” because it was your dream to put up an event like this. I’ve since realized that it’s a marathon for those who dream they can accomplish more than what they’ve ever imagined or been told. There are no limits for those who dream. Thank you very much for inspiring us to chase our own dreams and make our own reality.
- Vic Rufino
* Please avoid posting or emailing inquiries about the race for now. We will announce full details in due time.
** To read stories from Batch 1 of TBR Dream Marathoners, enter TBR DREAM MARATHON STORIES in the Search bar