For those of you who’ve been reading this blog since it started in 2007, you know that I’m a big fan of Mommy Milkshake Marathon. There hasn’t been a year when I missed this fun run. Why? Here are the reasons:
- It’s fun! My kids always look forward to this race. TBR Jr. loves running with his cousins here, while Li’l Miss TBR loves the fact that they allow her to bring her pink princess bike. It’s just a 3k race within BHS so parents like us need not worry too much about their safety. If I need a “real” run, I run BEFORE the actual race to get the mileage in.
- The fun run is an advocacy run for breastfeeding. The race is held every August which is World Breastfeeding Month. I breastfed both my kids: TBR Jr until he was 6 months and Li’l Miss TBR well over 1.5 years and I always encourage every mother to do so. It was, for me, one of the most memorable bonding experiences with my kids.
- The race is organized by my sister, Janice Villanueva of Mommy Mundo, a go-to portal of everything for moms and preggies, and Mommy Matters, a line of nursing wear clothes. My Ate will kill me if I don’t show up for her run, but of course she knows I wouldn’t miss it for the world.
Mommy Milkshake Marathon is now on its 5th year! The next run will be held on August 14, 2011 at Mercato Centrale, Bonifacio Global City. It’ll have a 3k and 5k run or walk. Hope you can join us then!
– This was taken at last year’s Mommy Milkshake Marathon. L to R: Co-founder of Mommy Milkshake Marathon, lamaze teacher, and good friend Rome Kanapi, Janice, myself, and our kids and niece. –
Below are the fun run details. Please direct all inquiries to the contact details provided in the material. I will not be able to answer any of your questions. See ya!
MOMMY MILKSHAKE 2011 REGISTRATION FEES: (updated)
- 5K- P500*
- 3K- P400*
- Kids (3-15years old) – P250*
- Kids below 2 years old- FREE OF CHARGE
*inclusive of singlet, race kit, finisher’s kit and snack
HOW TO REGISTER
Milkshake is only open to 400 participants. Race is open to the public (not just for breastfeeding moms). Register now to reserve your slot. Click HERE
**Those with online reservation must pick up their kits before August 7 or slots will be given to others. After August 7, only onsite registration will be accepted in the following registration stations:
- MOMMY MUNDO OFFICE 2/L Fun Ranch, Frontera Verde, Pasig CityOffice Hours: 9AM-5PM only (office is closed during lunch break, 12noon-1PM) Mondays to Fridays only
- ROX Bonifacio High Street
Time: 3PM-10PM onlyFridays- Sundays only
- MERCATO CENTRALE @BGC8th cor 34th sts, Bonifacio Global City. During Midnight Mercato- Friday and Saturday 10pm to 3am. During Mercato Centrale- Saturday and Sunday 7am to 2pm
Mommy Milkshake this year goes a step further! After the Run/Walk around Bonifacio Global City, all participants are invited to a brunch and breastfeeding expo at Mercato Centrale right after. There will be booths and activities showcasing mommy and nursing products and accessories, there will be fun and informational talks and activities for moms as well as kids.*Breastfeeding Expo @ Mercato Centrale – no entrance fees, this event is open to the public and will run from 7am-2pm.