I would like to introduce you to my best buddy. The first one I run to, well, after a run. The one who freshens me up no matter how difficult the run was. The only one who can truly make me smile again when I feel like the road has beaten me up.
What does he have in store for me after each run?
- 1 to 3 bottles of Gatorade depending on the length of the run – I drink this during the run. Most of the Gatorade goes into my Nathan hydration belt or handheld bottle for refueling during breaks in the run.
- 1 bottle of water – I drink this to down my gel or, on hot days, for pouring on head and nape. I avoid downing my gel using a sports drink. Creates a lot of gas and we don’t want that!
- 1 bottle of Enervon HP – My recovery drink. I drink Enervon HP within the first 15 minutes after a workout just before we have breakfast. I need this to allow me to workout well the next day. If I skip this, I’m usually in trouble; I’ll wake up with sore or tight muscles. Bonus is that it’s really yummy, especially when chilled.
- Ice cold towel – Sometimes I’ll throw in an ice cold towel in there for putting over my head and nape after a run. Who cares how stupid I look?
- Loads and loads of ice – This is of course to ensure that all the other fluids stay cold. But, you can use chunks of ice to cool your body down during breaks in the run.
Get a chance to win Enervon HP products! One winner will win: 1 Enervon HP 700g, 1 Enervon HP sports bottle, 1 Enervon HP running bandana, and 2 Enervon HP shoe reflector tags
HOW TO JOIN:
What’s the first thing you drink after a run? (I’m really just curious to know!)
Include the following info:
- Your complete name
- Your username on FB
1) The 10th commenter who complies with all the rules will be named the winner.
2) Only one entry per runner. Submission of more than one entry leads to disqualification.
3) Submission of entries above 2 sentences will be disqualified.
4) All entries will be moderated and will be approved upon closing of the contest.
5) Winner will be notified via email on how to claim the prize.
UPDATE: Congratulations to Paolo Mercado for winning! Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest.