It’s been three days since 584 finishers crossed the finish line of our 4th TBR Dream Marathon and I’m still on a high.
Every year, I feel blessed to be given the opportunity to witness runners cross that finish line ribbon and see for myself the power, beauty, and magic of a marathon all at once. There’s nothing like it. No words can express the spirit of the marathon, the transformation that occurs within each runner.
Hopefully, these photos will give you a glimpse of what some of our TBR Dreamers experienced that day. There will be more photos and, as is the tradition, marathon stories to be shared almost every week here on this blog from the runners themselves with the hope of inspiring even more people to go for their marathon dream.
Enjoy and see how these people lived their dream. For more info, visit www.tbrdream.com
All photos courtesy of Tong Pascua Photography.
- The start. And yes, we’re the first race with Garmin as our official timekeeper -
– Farrah at the finish -
- Marice Laxa-Pangilinan finishes her first 42k a day before her birthday. She was paced by husband Anthony -
- Ecstatic finish! -
- Planet Sports President Anton Gonzales finishes his first marathon with his wife Mia who finished both her first and now 2nd marathon at TBR Dream -
– Happiness, laughter, and triumph at the finish line -
– Our host Boy Ramos hugs his wife as she finishes her 2nd marathon at TBR Dream -
– A marriage proposal for a new marathoner! She gets a medal and a ring! -
– Tina and husband Dennis, a diabetic, both finished their first marathon -
– Mommy Rhea and her biggest fans -
– Joanne runs towards the finish with the full support of Dream Chasers behind her -
– Joanne crosses the finish line beating the cut off by 3 minutes! -
– TBR Dream Team: Neville, myself, Jun, Macel, and Lit. Missing in photo: Jim. -
- TBR Dream Marathon 2013 Medal -