One Run for Yolanda Victims Raises P615,000
Last Saturday, November 16, 2013, almost 1,000 runners came together for ONE RUN: A Run for the Victims of Typhoon Yolanda. This coincided with Bull Session 3 for TBR ULAH Dream Marathoners.
– Hundreds of runners showed up to run and donate to victims of Typhoon Yolanda –
– That’s me asking everyone to pause for a moment of silence for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda before we start the run –
– Kuya Kim counted down to run start for us –
– Triathletes Kuya Kim Atienza, Raffy Zamora, and Erwan Heussaff joined by friends at One Run –
– Sen. Pia Cayetano ran with us too and invited all runners to dine at Slice with proceeds going to Yolanda victims –
– TBR ULAH Dreamers gather around Coach Lit Onrubia –
– good friend and teammates Drew Arellano and Jake de Guzman volunteered to man the donation booths –
We’re happy to report that we collected a whopping P615,000 in cash donations from the runners that morning. 100% of proceeds will go to our beneficiaries: Javier, Leyte via The Master’s Light Foundation of Anthony & Maricel Pangilinan and the 6 Islands of Agutaya, Palawan via triathlete/missionary Philip Leroux. (Update: P515,000 was donated to Javier, Leyte November 20 and P100,000 will be donated to Philip Leroux on November 22. I’ll be posting photos of the check turnovers within the week for transparency.)
– Thank you to Unilab Active Health who managed all the in kind donation for us and delivered them directly to Red Cross –
In kind donations (listed below) were plentiful as well and these will be donated to Red Cross with the help of Unilab External Affairs Team.
– Clothes – 67 boxes and bags
– Footwear – 6 boxes
– Instant noodles – 6 boxes
– Canned Goods – 8 boxes
– Biscuits – 3 boxes
– Coffee with assorted breakfast goodies – 1 box
– Water – 19 boxes and bags with (1) Nature Spring Big Gallon
– Tetra Pack Juices – 5 boxes
– Medicines – 1 paper bag
– Toys – 1 plastic bag
– Rice – 1 plastic bag, 1 sack
Thank you so much for all runners who came by that morning to donate and run with us! Your help will go a long way for our beneficiaries!
More pictures of such a heartwarming and meaningful event for everyone…You may also visit the Facebook page of Photo Ops for more photos of the One Run event.
– Runners donated minimum of P100 before running or made in kind donations –
– TBR ULAH Dream Marathoners Batch 2014 –
– The Starting Line Triathlon Team –
– Runners/Triathletes from Alabang made their way to BGC for One Run –
– Phil. Drug Enforcement Agency was at One Run! –
– with Rye and friend. They both initially volunteered to carry in kind donations on their backs and walk to the nearest to deliver them. They said they were willing to do anything to help! –
– with Bobby Cruz, Jun Cruz, and friends –
NEXT: One Run thanks our sponsors and friends.
One Run was organized by The Bull Runner in cooperation with Unilab Active Health with the support of Gatorade. Thank you also to Bonifacio Global City, Run.ph, Simple Hydration, Proactive, Photo-Ops (our official photographer), HDSI Medic Team, Jun Cruz and Mike & Macel Janeo.