It’s the season for giving. So, I’ve decided to throw a little Conquer Corregidor Contest!
One lucky runner will win the following:
– 2 free Conquer Corregidor race packs (bib nos. 4 & 5—how cool is that?)
– 2 roundtrip Sun Cruise ferry to and from Corregidor (ferry out Dec. 5, 8 a.m.)
– lunch on race day for 2
– 1 overnight booking for 2 pax in Corregidor Inn (Standard room) from December 5 to 6, 2009
Are you game? Here’s how to join:
Submit the wittiest or funniest caption for the photo below. Think: What would Gen. Douglas Mac Arthur say to all the runners passing by his monument on Conquer Corregidor race day…
– See my sample caption above. I’m sure you can do better. Although mine was quite funny…wasn’t it? –
- Answer should be maximum of 2 sentences only. Any longer and you’ll be disqualified.
- Answer may be in english, tagalog, or taglish (even if MacArthur was probably not fluent in tagalog)
- Commenter can only submit one entry. Double entry will disqualify you as well.
- Conquer Corregidor Contest will close on November 18, 2009, Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. (Keeping the contest short so the non-winners— okay, fine “losers”—will still have time to register)
- One (1) winner will be chosen by TBR and will be announced on Thursday on this blog.
- Winner must assure (by honor system) TBR that he/she will use the race bib and hotel accommodations on race day and not put it to waste (that would be a sin!) If winner cannot make it, he/she may give the prize to someone else or permit TBR to choose another deserving winner.
Good luck and may the best runner win!
By the way, here’s the UPDATED REGISTRATION SCHEDULE FOR CONQUER CORREGIDOR:
R.O.X., Bonifacio High Street: Nov 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26 and 29 | 6pm to 10pm
Second Wind – Ortigas Branch – Nov 17, 19, 24, and 26 | 2pm to 5pm
NOTE: Registration period until Nov 29 or while race slots last. As of yesterday, only 150 slots left.