This is my late post dedicated to mommies who run! Hey, every day should be Mother’s Day after all!
Being a mom is a tough job. For those who can successfully include “training for and running a marathon” in her to-do list along with the demands of career and family life, it’s even more challenging. But, we’ve seen many women do it and we continue to see a lot more women aiming for it because it makes life more fulfilling, it makes us more complete, and—would you believe—it makes us better wives, mothers, co-workers, daughters, and friends.
So, it was truly heartwarming for me when, at TBR Dream Marathon, Philips Avent came up to us and offered something for our running nursing mommies that we had never heard of before: Philips Avent Breastfeeding Stations. Yes, you got that right. For the first time in the country, a marathon was offering a Breastfeeding Station, aside from the usual Water and Sports Drink Station. How cool was that?!
We drew up the plans. Found the location for it. And quickly informed our nursing running mommies, Maricel and Debbie, about it. They were thrilled. When race day came, they dropped by and expressed their milk conveniently, discreetly, and comfortably at the special Philips Avent Breastfeeding stations.
– Philips Avent products neatly arranged –
– Philips Avent breastfeeding pumps –
The stations were clean and spacious. Our two super nursing mommies were treated to free use of Philips Avent breast pumps, bottles and other products at the tent.
– Maricel Pangilinan and her pacer/husband Anthony pause to express milk for baby Solana –
– Young mommy Debbie giving a thumbs up. She doesn’t even look tired midway through the run –
– Maricel and Anthony, along with friend Tina, continue the marathon with the Philips Avent tent behind them –
I hope this post inspires in many ways:
– For new mommies to realize that you too can aim to be fit and strong even while you’ve just given birth or are raising infants and young children (or like these moms, even while you’re breastfeeding. Just consult your doctor first);
– For moms of every age, shape, and size to know that you can live a healthier, happier lifestyle while caring for your family if you just decide to start NOW;
– For more companies, like Philips Avent, to support moms and women and lighten their load as they devote their lives to their families.
– For all of us to always remember our Mothers and the sacrifices they’ve made for us not just on Mother’s Day, but on the other 364 days of the year.