Welcome the new member of our family. Finally, my hubby has gotten what he’s wished for all these months. A new Boy… Lazy Boy, that is.
This fine piece of furniture transformed me, quite regretably, into a Lazy Girl Potato. Suddenly, I found all this free time to watch television—something I hadn’t done in months—and work, blogging, and running were left by the wayside. I had good excuses, mind you:
– There’s a new presidential decree that states: All women whose names begin with J and are born in the month of May may extend the Halloween/All Saints and Souls Day Holidays by another 7 working days. Now, what was my source again?
– I had a bothersome cough complimented by a scratchy throat that left me with little energy to do anything.
– I was in recovery phase from all the running I did during Trick or Treating.
– I suffered from a minor infection, which my doctor said wouldn’t stop me from running, but doctors aren’t 100% correct all the time, right?
– I surmised that a 1-week Lazy Girl week was important for my pre-marathon conditioning. Er, who of you coaches would like to agree with me?
Anyhow, I’m glad to report that my Lazy Girl week officially ended during the Mizuno Run Club last night. I am so glad I went. It literally pulled me out of the slump I was in and injected some much needed energy into my system. (More on this in my next post.)
As of the moment, the Lazy Boy beckons. But, I remind myself of what Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner once said, “The will to win means nothing if you haven’t the will to prepare.”
It’s off to work I go. And, tomorrow, my long run with Annie.