I know I promised myself that I wouldn’t be racing every weekend to avoid injury but, much like my kids in a candy store, I simply cannot resist.
One doesn’t skip a race as big as Adidas’ King of the Road nor does one miss a race on her home turf (as Patrick C. advised last week regarding Takbong May Yabang). A few days ago, my good friend Taki of Fort Striders sent a personal invitation to Octoberun Festival on the 26th.
Seems like I’m joining all of the above. (If you’re shaking your head now saying “This girl is going to get herself reinjured” then please say a short prayer for my shins and knees and zip your mouth. No disrespect intended.) I’ll do my best to run safe. Here’s my plan:
Oct 11: Adidas KOTR – 10k race pace
Oct 18: Takbong May Yabang – 10k training pace + 6k easy = 16km
Oct 26: Octoberun Festival – 10k training pace + 7k easy = 17km
Sheesh, I hope this works. For more info on the race, please see my List of Races.
Here’s more info on Octoberun Festival on the 26th. It should be fun and it’s for a good cause, so come and join…
The 4th Octoberun Festival at The Fort
- Distance: 3k/ 5k/ 10k
- Upon registering you will recieve an OctobeRun festival shirt. A free DVD featuring a 6 week training program for beginners and advanced runners will be given on race day.
- Proceeds go to Real Life Foundation, scholarships to underprivileged youth.
- Register at ROX, Bonifacio High Street.
- For more info, call Ms. Felsie Briones at 0908-4340208/ 896-1929 / 890-2372 / 890-2355 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to visit website.