Now that I swim, bike, and run six times a week, with kids, work, and a household to manage as well, there’s almost no time for me to sit still (except when I get my weekly massage).
It used to be that when the dreaded time of the month came for women like me, I would quit working out for at least three of the heavy days. It drove me nuts. I couldn’t run because it was my 2nd day. I wouldn’t register for a race because I knew I’d be getting my period then. No way I’d even attempt to swim. It was just too uncomfortable and downright messy to run, bike, or swim with a napkin on. (Sorry for TMI, guys!)
That was until I discovered tampons. I use Playtex Glide now. Whoa boy, it changed everything for me. I kid you not. Nowadays, my monthly period just comes and goes without affecting my workout or lifestyle too much.
I used the Playtex Glide during my longest bike ride a few weeks ago, I’ve done speedwork wearing them, and I don’t even remember how many times I’ve gone swimming with them on. It’s really the perfect companion for women like me who live an active lifestyle.
So, to celebrate the huge difference Playtex Glide has made in my life (I told you I wasn’t exaggerating haha!), I’m throwing a contest for female readers.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
> Grand Prize: P3,500 worth of Gift Certificates from RUNNR store + P500 worth of Playtex products
> 3 runners up: P500 worth of Playtex products
3 weeks – July 9 to July 30, 2012
What seemingly impossible run, race, or event do you think you can achieve with Playtex during your monthly period? Example: I can do a full marathon twice even with my period! (1 sentence only)
4) Include the following in the comments box:
> Your full name
> Your username on Facebook
1) Deadline for submission of entries: MONDAY, JULY 30, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
2) TBR will choose the top ten answers based on their wit, humor, and creativity.
3) Top 10 answers will be eligible for a raffle conducted by TBR via random.org to determine the Grand Prize winner and three runners up.
4) All entries must comply strictly with the rules, must have complete information, and must be submitted before contest closes.
5) Only one entry per runner. Submission of more than one entry leads to disqualification.
6) Only females are eligible to join the contest.
7) Winner will be announced on this blogpost as an update and will be notified via email on how to claim the prize.
May the best female runner win!
UPDATE: CONTEST WINNERS!
Congratulations to the following winners!!!
> Grand Prize: P3,500 worth of Gift Certificates from RUNNR store + P500 worth of Playtex products goes to CELMA HITALIA
> 3 runners up: P500 worth of Playtex products: Kay Ann Parra, Reese Rogel, Goldy dela Cruz
[This is a sponsored post by Playtex.]