Now on its 11th year, Subic International Marathon (SIM) i is set on November 12 to 13, 2016 – starting in Remy Field, Subic Bay Freeport Zone. For those of you who have the urge to run outside of the city, you still have a chance as organizers say they will be offering onsite registration for 10km, 7km, 5km and 3km. (more…)
Smart Sports issued a statement regarding the recently held Subic International Marathon below…
SMART SPORTS THANKS SIM 2009 RUNNERS AND ALL PARTNERS
At the outset, we at Smart Sports would like to extend our congratulations to all the runners, most especially to the marathoners of the recently concluded Subic International Marathon 2009. However, it has come to our attention the numerous comments of the participants of SIM 2009 regarding the technical aspect of the race and if there are shortcomings we will make it a point to discuss this with the race organizers. Rest assured to the running community that all these comments, feedbacks and suggestions are carefully being reviewed and will be kept as reference for other marathons Smart will be supporting.
Allow us to take this opportunity to share with the running community the reasons why Smart Sports decided to support SIM:
1. We are a sponsor. Much the same way we will be when we sponsor other marathons
2. We believe in the transformational advocacy of the Philippine National Police through its program director Ret. Gen. Sam Tucay and Chief PNP Jesus Verzosa
3. We realize that through SIM, we will be able to identify Filipino runners that can represent the country in international races. Kudos to the only 2 Filipinos (Hernanie Sore and Alquin Bolivar) to make it in the top ten who gave every ounce of willpower for flag and country
4. We simply want to promote a sport where hundreds and thousands of passionate Filipinos love
5. Sports tourism: to showcase the beauty of the Philippines. Particularly the beauty of SCTEX and Subic Bay
Since Smart Sports has committed to support Philippine marathon in the long run, we ask for the running community’s understanding and patience as Smart is very new to this. Smart has already pledged to support several international marathons for 2010 and we assure the running community that through partnerships with seasoned race organizers, we will make these marathons enjoyable and memorable which running enthusiasts (both local and foreign) can look forward to each year.
Smart – we’re helping sports… we’re helping running…
Maraming salamat po sa inyong lahat!
Patrick “Pato” Gregorio
Head – Smart Sports
For comments and suggestions please email project officer Anton Almeda at email@example.com