Hubby and I arrived in rainy Kuala Lumpur in the wee hours of this morning. We did so much today, I feel like we’ve been here for a week.
We checked into Citrus Hotel at 2 a.m. where Renze of Newton and CW-X and our best bet for a half marathon podium finish, Cebuana runner Mary Grace, were already booked the day before. Citrus Hotel is a low-cost hotel with an old bathroom and a spider as special guest, hotel service that was reluctant to provide more than one extra pillow, and a carpeted room that just made me itch wondering if it was clean at all. I woke up at 8 a.m. on my hard mattress to receive good news: Renze was moving us to a better hotel. Thank. You. Lord!
– The only thing good about Citrus Hotel was 1) free wifi and 2) a good view of Kuala Lumpur from our room –
At 10 a.m., we rushed off to meet Pinoy running friends Pace Partners. I was excited to see April again, one of the founders of Pace Partners who had recently moved back to Penang from Manila. We had a filling brunch over great conversation at Central Market. It was there that I learned that the Pace Partners are great runners, but even better eaters!
Together, we visited the race start at Dataran Merdeka…
– Race start is right behind us –
– There you go…the race start without us blocking your view –
– When you gotta go, you gotta go –
We picked up our race packets together at Stadium Titingwasa…
– Just one of our many photo op stops on our way to the Stadium –
– Once again, here’s the view that we blocked –
– Ang iniiiiit! Let’s hope it’s cooler tomorrow –
– Organizers provided free shuttle service for race packet redemption –
– Nice park near the stadium –
– Hubby and I after claiming our race packets. It was quick and efficient –
We shopped briefly at the small expo at the side of the stadium…
– Pace Partner girls definitely know how to shop –
We ate again at Suria Mall (told you PP know how to eat!) and parted ways with the Pace Partners. Thanks to the Pace Partners for the wonderful time!
Hubby and I shopped to our heart’s delight at Suria and Pavillion Malls. Well, all I took home was lipstick (so if I mess up tomorrow at least I look good…kidding!)
– At Pavillion Mall with aching feet. Wish me luck tomorrow. I’ve never done this much walking before a half –
– Whoops…wrong sport. KL is going gaga over soccer…like the rest of the world –
Then, we had a fine dinner with Renze at an Italian restaurant in Pavillion Mall before we moved into our new hotel, Impiana Hotel which is just wonderful.
– with Renze, our gracious host and sponsor, and hubby –
Mary Grace was probably the only one who was doing the right thing the night before the race. She was resting in her hotel room. We dropped by to wish her all the best for tomorrow…
– Thanks to Newton and CW-X, Mary Grace can take a shot at a podium finish for half marathon at KL Marathon –
I’m all set for my half marathon tomorrow…and so is my gear…
Hubby is fast asleep, so I better get some shut eye too. Otherwise, he might outrun me! Sssshhhh…
– Love the name that Renze put on the bib! –