On Sept. 9, 2009, it will be the 40th day since the passing of our beloved Tita Cory. We, the iamNinoy Runners Group steering committee, would like to invite the iamninoy Runners Group members to join us for a HEROES RUN, an organized tribute run around the Ayala Triangle, Makati’s pocket of greenery watched over by the monuments of Gabriela Silang, Pio del Pilar, and Ninoy Aquino to commemorate Tita Cory’s life.
Heroes Run details:
- Runners must be a member of iamNinoy Runners Group. Only 200 runners may participate to avoid heavy foot traffic on Ayala Triangle.
- iamNinoy runners must register online to join. First come, first served. Click here to sign up.
- Please come in your iamNinoy t-shirt.
- The Heroes Run begins near the Ninoy Aquino monument and traces its route along Paseo de Roxas, Makati Avenue and Ayala. Each lap around the Triangle is about 1.2 kilometers.
- A tent will be set up near the Ninoy Aquino monument where you can sign up and have your registration verified. Runners can pledge to run any number of loops.
- The Heroes Run starts at 4:30 pm and ends at 6 pm. Runners are encouraged to arrive before 4:30 pm. However, those who have other commitments may also arrive anytime during the event and run around the Triangle.
- Runners are advised to strictly keep to the sidewalk.
- There will be a Gatorade station near the Ninoy Aquino monument.
- Please avoid leaving trash around the area.
- After the run, some of us will be gathering at Grilla, Paseo de Roxas. You are welcome to join.
Celebrate the life of President Cory Aquino. Be one of the 200 to take on the Heroes Run.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!