Runners are powerful people. Not only can they run long and far, but together they can make a difference.
The Rescue Run, a no-frills run with 100% of proceeds for the victims of Typhoon Ondoy, was held last October 10, 2009 at SM Mall of Asia. Over 500 runners came to donate and run.
Total cash raised: P90,700. Plus, a lot of relief goods were collected and subsequently delivered to victims in Taytay, Rizal where relief operations had not arrived yet.
Total cost for organizing: P0. All efforts were voluntary. All resources were donated.
Thank you to all the rescue runners—participants and volunteers—who made a difference that day!
– Organizers The Rescue Run: Eric Passion (Run for Change) and Raoul Floresca (he thought of this all) and myself –
– Race marshals were all volunteers. Here’s Second Wind peeps led by Hector Yuzon along with Mon Domingo, Vener (Run Unlimited) and Jeremy Go –
– More volunteers: Jay Em of Paul Calvins Deli and Ian Alcazar –
– I manned the reg booth and saved my legs for Milo 21k the next day –
– Bull Runner Jr. woke up at 4:30 am to be my registration assistant. His job: provide 2 safety pins for each bib. –
– Li’l Miss Bull Runner initially signed up for 3k with Papa. But, due to an unfortunate incident (she woke up on the wrong side of the bed), she just watched the race instead –
– And the race begins. Turnout was fantastic! –
– Rescue Runners who helped while enjoying the simple run –
– Fastest 10k runner –
– iamNinoy family + me! –
– with SMS: Samahang Mananakbo ng Smart all set for Subic International Marathon –
– TBR Family –
– Food and clothing donations from kind souls. We even saw some barely used running shoes in the mix –
– The end of one of the most fulfilling runs I’ve ever joined…to think I didn’t even run! –
TO ALL RESCUE RUNNERS: Please hang on to your race bibs. Our friends at Mizuno will be holding a private sale for its Mizuno Club Members. Rescue Runners can present The Rescue Run race bib for entry to obtain discounts.