Presenting (drumroll please)…
THE BULL RUNNER DREAM MARATHON in NUVALI
WHEN: Saturday, 22 May 2010, 4 a.m.
WHERE: Nuvali, Sta. Rosa Laguna
RUNNERS: 200 first-time marathoners
TBR Dream Marathon is a one-of-a-kind small and intimate marathon especially designed for first time marathoners. From the moment you register for the race, we will guide you towards training properly and wisely until you run all 42.195 kms of your first marathon and cross the finish line.
14 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN TBR MARATHON:
- MADE FOR FIRST-TIME MARATHONERS. We have 200 slots reserved for runners attempting to complete their first marathon. This race was made for the beginner from proper education to full support on race day. Race cut-off is 8 hours. No prizes will be given to top finishers because everyone who crosses the finish line is a winner.
- TBR DREAM MARATHON TRAINING PROGRAM BY COACH JIM LAFFERTY. To help you train properly, we’ve got a 16-week Training Program developed by Coach Jim Lafferty, retired P&G General Manager, finisher of 23 marathons, coach of multiple US national team members, and TBR Dream Marathon’s race director. Thing is, as of Feb. 1, there are 16 weeks to race day; that means TRAINING STARTS NOW!
- BULL SESSIONS (LONG RUNS). While most of the runs will be done on your own, once a month all participants will be invited to a Bull Session: long group runs together led by the Pinoy Ultra Runners. This will neither be a race nor speedwork; it will be easy, conversational-pace runs together. By the time marathon day comes, we hope most runners will be good friends!
- BULL CIRCLE (TALKS). Once a month, participants will be invited to talks by running experts specifically chosen by TBR because of their knowledge and competency in a particular field.
- PERSONAL AND INTIMATE MARATHON EXPERIENCE. Due to the small number of participants, we can and will treat each one of you as if you were the only runner in the marathon. You’ll know other fellow runners by name or by face. Even our marshals and volunteers will treat you like friends.
- NEW, UNIQUE, EASY AND SAFE ROUTE. For the first time, Nuvali, the new prestigious 1,700 hectare development of Ayala Land south of Manila, will open its roads to its first ever road race. There will be neither cars nor pollution here. You can enjoy the fresh air as you run on a course completely closed to vehicular traffic, except for one main intersection. You’ll marvel at the scenic views of Mt. Makiling, Laguna de Bay, and Tagaytay Ridge during the marathon.
- “DREAM CHASERS.” Experienced marathoners and volunteers—handpicked and screened by the race organizers—will be on standby at various points in the race. At any time a runner requests for help, the “Dream Chaser” will happily run a few kilometers with the marathoner to provide hydration, gels, food, or even silly jokes.
- CHEERING ZONES. Solenad, a cluster of restaurants within Nuvali, will be designated as a cheering zone. The route will have runners run through the Solenad dining area twice. You can literally grab a pizza or cold drink from your family’s dining table. At the same time, they can give you a hug or cheer wildly for you. Surely the best way to reenergize when the going gets tough!
- “DREAM MOBILE.” One bus will travel along the route during the race. Family and friends of runners can hop on the bus (with their banners, flags, and bells in hand) to cheer for their runner when they spot them along the route. (Go Daddy Go!)
- “SECOND WIND ZONE.” The last few kilometers is the hardest portion of any marathon. At this point, Team Secondwind will provide free hydration, food and of course, support to make the toughest part of the race a little bit easier and give runners their second wind as they run towards the finish line.
- FAMILY ACTIVITIES. While they wait for the runners, families and friends can dine at Solenad, a row of restaurants such as Italianni’s, Conti’s, and Yellow Cab, that will be open for breakfast by 6:30 a.m. They can opt to bring food and have a picnic or rent bikes. Kids will get a thrill from feeding over 800 koi fish or ride boats on the lake.
- ENTERTAINMENT. We’ll have entertainment for runners along the route and for family and friends who wait at Solenad.
- PERKS, FREEBIES, AND DISCOUNTS. You don’t just get what you pay for, but you get MORE…
- Automatic inclusion in TBR Dream Marathon e-Newsletter for regular updates on our group activities
- 15% off at Nike Park Bonifacio High Street upon presentation of your race bib
- Free race photos from PhotoVendo
- Souvenir program featuring all the marathoners in the race
- Goodie bag for all runners. Mind you, this won’t be just any regular loot bag.
- COMMUNITY AFFAIR. People around you will fully support you as you complete your first marathon. Family and friends can witness you as you run along the route. The TBR Dream Team and experienced runners will help you along the way. Volunteers and spectators will cheer for you. The entire community will be one to help YOU achieve your dream.
- The race is open to FIRST-TIME MARATHONERS. Experienced marathoners may register but will be on wait-list and will gain entry only if the 200 slots for first-time marathoners are not filled.
- In the meantime, interested participants can reserve a slot by emailing tbrmarathon(at)thebullrunner.com. Send email with RESERVE in subject line. Include name, contact number, and confirm if you are a first time marathoner or not.
- Upon acceptance of RESERVATION, the runner will receive a letter from Coach Jim Lafferty together with the TBR Dream Marathon 16-week Training Program. Training starts February 1, 2010. That’s today!
- Registration at Nike Park Bonifacio High Street will open soon and will be announced on this blog.
- Reservation will be held for 48 hours upon opening of registration. Runner must confirm reservation by appearing in person to register. Failure to appear will mean immediate forfeiture of reserved slot.
UPDATE: Please expect an email from us within 2 days upon sending your reservation. If you don’t hear from us, please email with the subject: FOLLOW UP and resend your email.
* Note: Reservation does not mean automatic acceptance into the race.
So, what do you say? Think about it. If it feels like a YES, sign up early so we can start training this week! It’s time to LIVE YOUR DREAM!