Globe-Ayala Land Run for Home 2010 (3Km, 5Km, 10Km , 15Km & 21Km) will be held on Sunday, March 21, 2010 with start and finish lines at Ayala Avenue in front of Tower One Exchange Plaza and Paseo de Roxas side of Ayala Triangle Garden, respectively. For better traffic management & control, the following schemes will be implemented in Makati Area…
1) March 20, 2010 from 6:00 a.m. onward
Road Closure for the construction of arcs (start and finish lines)
– Westbound direction of Ayala Avenue from Makati Avenue to Paseo de Roxas (side of Tower One and MSE)
– Northbound direction of Paseo de Roxas from Ayala Avenue to Makati Avenue (Ayala Triangle Garden side)
– Westbound vehicles along Ayala Avenue from EDSA going to Gil Puyat Avenue shall turn right to Makati Avenue, left to Paseo de Roxas and right to Ayala Avenue, or may turn left to Makati Avenue and take dela Rosa Street. Vehicles going to Tower One and MSE buildings will be allowed entry thru Ayala Avenue/Makati Avenue;
– Northbound vehicles along Paseo de Roxas from Legaspi Village going toward Gil Puyat Avenue shall turn right to Ayala Avenue, left to Makati Avenue to destination;
– All vehicles along Sedeño Street shall turn right towards Ayala Avenue.
2) March 21, 2010 (Sunday) from 4:45 AM to 10:00 AM
Closed Road/Runners Route:
– Both directions of Ayala Avenue, from Paseo de Roxas to North Drive (one lane up to Fonda Street will be provided for those going to Manila Peninsula and Urdaneta Village);
– Both directions of Paseo de Roxas, from Ayala Avenue to Gil Puyat Avenue (lanes from Sedeño Street to Ayala Avenue is open to traffic);
– Northbound lane of Paseo de Roxas, from Ayala Avenue to Dela Rosa Street (Opposite direction/southbound lanes will be made two-way);
– Portion of Dela Rosa Street, from Paseo de Roxas to Makati Avenue;
– Portion of Legaspi Street, from Dela Rosa Street to Greenbelt Drive;
– Both direction of Greenbelt Drive Tunnel, from Legaspi Street to Esperanza Street;
– Portion of Esperanza Street, westbound lanes, from Greenbelt Drive to Makati Avenue (side of Greenbelt)
– Both directions of Makati Avenue, from West Drive to Gil Puyat Avenue;
– Both directions of Gil Puyat Avenue, from Makati Avenue to EDSA.
– Both directions of EDSA-Kalayaan-BGC Flyover
Ø Westbound vehicles from EDSA/Ayala Avenue going toward Gil Puyat Avenue or MCBD shall take Arnaiz Avenue, right to Paseo de Roxas and left to Ayala Avenue;
Ø Vehicles going to Manila Peninsula and Urdaneta Village will be allowed entry thru Apartment Ridge or Fonda Street (Apartment Ridge in front of Manila Peninsula will be made two-way temporarily; Runners who will park at Ayala Center will also be allowed entry at Ayala/EDSA;
Ø Eastbound vehicles along Ayala Avenue from Gil Puyat Avenue going toward EDSA shall turn right to Paseo de Roxas (southbound direction will be two-way while the opposite direction is closed for the use of the runners);
Ø Westbound vehicles from EDSA/Gil Puyat Avenue going towards SSHW shall turn right to Zodiac Street, left to Jupiter Street, proceed ahead to Metropolitan Avenue or turn left to Makati Avenue, right to Gil Puyat Avenue;
Ø Eastbound vehicles along Gil Puyat Avenue going toward EDSA shall turn left to Makati Avenue, right to Kalayaan, left to Rockwell Drive, and right to Estrella Avenue to EDSA(southbound) ; if going north, from Makati Avenue straight ahead and turn right to JP Rizal Avenue to Guadalupe;
Ø Vehicles from Gil Puyat Avenue/Makati Avenue going toward Ayala Avenue shall turn right to HV dela Costa Street, left to San Agustin St, left to Sedeño Street, right to Paseo de Roxas and right to Ayala Avenue; or straight ahead to VA Rufino Street (Herrera) and right to Ayala Avenue;
Ø Vehicles from One Roxas Triangle and Mandarin Hotel shall use Makati Avenue as entrance and exit point, a dedicated lane will be provided.
Ø Vehicles from Bonifacio Global City going toward EDSA or Gil Puyat Avenue, in stead of using the BGC Flyover, shall utilize the ground level (32nd Street Extn.) , straight ahead and use the Pinagkaisahan-Kalayaan Flyover.