Remember we mentioned that The Bull Runner Dream Marathon is not just about letting first-time or second-time marathoners reach their marathon dream? That it’s also about experienced marathoners being given the opportunity to give back to the running community, to give new runners the same support and motivation they received from others. To basically pay it forward.
If you are NOT a participant of TBR Dream Marathon, but you want to be a part of it. This is the way.
If you are NOT interested in running your own race on May 22, 2010, and you are willing to set aside the time and effort to help others run 42km by providing them support, without receiving anything in return but a smile and a huge Thank You, then this is your chance.
We are now opening slots for TBR Dream Marathon volunteers. Three ways in which you can volunteer:
- DREAM CHASER – 30 only
- PERSONAL PACER – 30 only
- WATER OR GATORADE MARSHAL VOLUNTEER – 30 only
Dream Chasers (30 only) and Personal Pacers (30 only) will be issued PINK race bibs like this…(Participants will be in BLUE)
ROLE OF DREAM CHASER:
- Wait in the Dream Chaser station along with other Dream Chasers
- Each Dream Chaser station will have 7 to 8 Dream Chasers
- Dream Chaser stations will be placed every 5km of the route much like water stations
- Provide the following support to the TBR Dream Marathoners who request for help:
- Run with the runner a few kilometers (never exceeding more than 5km)
- Provide food or hydration
- Cheer! Cheer! Cheer!
- Pace one (1) registered participant throughout the entire 42km
- Your name must be “attached” to the name of a registered participant. Participant must accept you as his/her personal pacer
- Bikers not allowed. Pacer must be on foot.
ROLE OF WATER OR GATORADE MARSHAL:
- Man the water or Gatorade station
- Provide hydration to runners with a smile
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN VOLUNTEERS:
- For Dream Chasers: experienced runner, but not necessarily a marathoner
- Serious passion for running
- Positive, pleasant, cheerful attitude
- Willing to provide exceptional moral support throughout the entire race
- Believes in “paying it forward” to first time marathoners who need the same support as he/she received in the past
- NOTE: For water/ Gatorade marshals, being a runner is preferred but not required
For any clarifications or inquiries, please email Edward at edwardpkho(at)yahoo.com
UPDATE: REGISTRATION FOR TBR DREAM MARATHON DREAM CHASERS AND PERSONAL PACERS IS CLOSED. If you wish to volunteer as hydration marshal, you may email Edward at edwardpkho(at)yahoo.com