How time flies! We will soon have the last talk in our series of Bull Circle talks which started last February. (Sniff sniff) We do hope you can make it.
BULL CIRCLE 4
TOPIC: MARATHON DAY: FUEL UP AND FIGHT!
WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2010
7:00 PM, ROX
FREE, Everyone is welcome to attend
No pre-registration required
- Brief update on THE BULL RUNNER DREAM MARATHON
- PROPER NUTRITION FOR MARATHON DAY (by Mitch Felipe)
- Intro on energy balance – calories that you burn and you should take in during your training and 42K run
- What to eat 10 days before a full-marathon (Discuss carbo-loading as well)
- Will share nutrition tips based on successful marathon finishers
- How to prevent cold sweats, cramps, dizziness while doing the actual full marathon
- Preventing weight gain after the marathon
- HYDRATION PLAN FOR MARATHON DAY (by Dr. George Canlas) – The importance of proper hydration for race day.
- PSYCHING YOURSELF UP FOR THE MARATHON (by Mitch Felipe)
- Top negative thoughts before and while running the marathon: how to turn these into positive thoughts to finish the run
- Effective self-talks applied by successful 42K finishers
- Changing one’s attitude and behavior to stay away from unexpected marathon events which might tempt you to quit (ex: running with walkers, getting intimidated by other runners, weather condition..etc.)
BACKGROUND OF SPEAKERS:
Mitch Felipe-Mendoza is a lifestyle and weight management coach, a fitness trainer and a finisher of several marathons. She is a regular wellness contributor of Philippine Daily Inquirer, weight loss columnist for Women’s Health Philippines, and nutrition contributor for The Bull Runner Magazine. She holds a master’s degree in psychology.
Dr. George Canlas is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine. He was once a member of the National Track Team. He is the Gatorade Sports Science Institute adviser.