Back from the Rexona Run Presscon at Taste Asia, SM Mall of Asia. I was looking forward to this event since Coach Rio gave me a teaser last week about the race as well as a big surprise that he was going to unveil.
First off, Rexona Run details:
When: 1 August 2010, Sunday
Where: SM Mall of Asia
- 3k – P400
- 5k – P600
- 10k – P600
- 21k – P750
Race kits will include: singlet, bib, D-tag, 150ml Rexona Men Sport Defence aerosol
Registration: June 28 to July 19, 2010
Reg Centers: ROX, Bonifacio High Street and Timex Stores (SM MOA, SM North Edsa, SM Southmall, SM Megamall, Glorietta)
It’s a fast and flat course. Can you hear PR’s already?
Secondly, Coach Rio’s big surprise/s which will be applied with Rexona Run first and all other Runrio races:
- Use of D-Tag – This is a new, disposable RFID strip of paper that will be attached to the shoe lace to record the runner’s time. This was used at New York City Marathon last year. It is lighter and more accurate than most timing devices.
- Registration via ipad – Registration for races will now be paperless and will be done via ipad at the above mentioned registration centers. With the new software, runners type in their own data to avoid errors in encoding as in previous races. Once encoded, this will be stored in the system and will eliminate the need for runners to fill up registration forms for all other runrio races. Another benefit of this is that, in the long run, the system will provide runners with a list of previous races and official results. In time, Coach Rio said that they can provide rankings per age category.
- Runrio Membership Card – Upon registration for Rexona Run, runners will get a Runrio membership card which will entitle them to discounts at retail stores and to earn points.
- Portable and Convenient Water Bottle – SM Sure Buy will launch its new water bottle to be deployed at Rexon Run water stations. It can be opened with a poke of the finger (although we suggest the marshals open it already for runners) and the bottle can be carried by the runner during the race for regular sips.
– The new D-Tag: disposable RFID timing device –
– Jun, Aljo and Bobby tinkering with the ipad –
Cool eh? I don’t know about you, but I’m sure to sign up for Rexona Run!