Here’s what you’ve been waiting for: Registration for 2nd TBR Dream Marathon is Now Open!
TBR Dream Marathon is a one-of-a-kind small and intimate marathon especially designed for first time marathoners. From the moment you register for the race, we will guide you towards training properly and wisely until you run all 42.195 kms of your first marathon and cross the finish line. It is an experience that will change your life and one you will forever cherish.
Race Date: Sunday, March 20, 2011
Training Period: October 18, 2010 to March 19, 2011
Race Venue: NUVALI, Sta. Rosa, Laguna
Slots: 400 first or 2nd time marathoners only
Race fee: P1,800
Presented by: New Balance
In Cooperation with: Gatorade, Secondwind Running Store
Supported by: Hammer Nutrition
Registration Center: R.O.X., Bonifacio High Street
Logistics Partner: Creative Juice
15 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN TBR DREAM MARATHON:
1. MADE FOR FIRST-TIME MARATHONERS. We have 400 slots reserved for runners attempting to complete their first marathon. This race was made for the beginner from proper education to full support on race day. Race cut-off is 8 hours. No prizes will be given to top finishers because everyone who crosses the finish line is a winner.
2. TBR DREAM MARATHON TRAINING PROGRAM BY COACH JIM LAFFERTY. To help you train properly, you will receive a 22-week Training Program developed by Coach Jim Lafferty, retired P&G General Manager, finisher of 23 marathons, coach of multiple US national team members, and TBR Dream Marathon’s race director. Should you have any questions, he is just an email away.
3. BULL SESSIONS (LONG RUNS). While most of the runs will be done on your own, once a month all participants will be invited to a Bull Session: long group runs together led by the Pinoy Ultra Runners. This will neither be a race nor speedwork; it will be easy, conversational-pace runs together. We’ll even have a practice run on the actual race course as the race draws near. By the time marathon day comes, most runners along the course will be familiar faces—or better yet, good friends!
4. BULL CIRCLE (TALKS). Once a month, participants will be invited to talks by running experts specifically chosen by TBR because of their knowledge and competency in a particular field.
5. PERSONAL AND INTIMATE MARATHON EXPERIENCE. Due to the small number of participants, we can and will treat each one of you as if you were the only runner in the marathon. We will provide more than enough water, Gatorade, fruits, chocolates, sponges, and ice. Even our marshals and volunteers will treat you like friends.
6. SAFE & SCENIC ROUTE. Our course is in NUVALI, the new prestigious 1,700 hectare development of Ayala Land south of Manila. You can enjoy the fresh air as you run on a course with limited vehicular traffic. You’ll marvel at the scenic views of Mt. Makiling, Laguna de Bay, and Tagaytay Ridge during the marathon.
7. “DREAM CHASERS.” Experienced marathoners and volunteers—handpicked and screened by the race organizers—will be on standby at various points in the race. At any time a runner requests for help, the “Dream Chaser” will happily run a few kilometers with the marathoner to provide hydration, gels, food, or even silly jokes.
8. CHEERING ZONES. Solenad, a cluster of restaurants within Nuvali, will be designated as a cheering zone. The route will have runners run through the Solenad dining area twice. You can literally grab a pizza or cold drink from your family’s dining table. At the same time, they can give you a hug or cheer wildly for you. Surely the best way to reenergize when the going gets tough!
9. “DREAM MOBILE.” One bus will travel along the route during the race. Family and friends of runners can hop on the bus (with their banners, flags, and bells in hand) to cheer for their runner when they spot them along the route. (Go Daddy Go!)
10. “SECOND WIND ZONE.” The last few kilometers is the hardest portion of any marathon. At this point, Team Secondwind will provide free hydration, food and of course, support to make the toughest part of the race a little bit easier and give runners their second wind as they run towards the finish line.
11. FAMILY ACTIVITIES. While they wait for the runners, families and friends can dine at Solenad, a row of restaurants such as Italianni’s, Conti’s, and Yellow Cab, that will be open for breakfas. They can opt to bring food and have a picnic or rent bikes. Kids will get a thrill from feeding over 800 koi fish or ride boats on the lake.
12. ENTERTAINMENT. We’ll have entertainment for runners along the route and for family and friends.
13. PERKS & FREEBIES. You don’t just get what you pay for, but you get MORE such as automatic inclusion in TBR Dream Marathon e-Newsletter for regular updates on our group activities, PDF souvenir program featuring all the marathoners in the race and goodies from sponsors that should make your registration fee worth every cent.
14. COMMUNITY AFFAIR. People around you will fully support you as you complete your first marathon. Family and friends can witness you as you run along the route. The TBR Dream Team and experienced runners will help you along the way. Volunteers and spectators will cheer for you. The entire community will be one to help YOU achieve your dream.
15. HELP ORPHANED CHILDREN. Part of race proceeds will go to HERO (Help Educate and Rear Orphans) Foundation. HERO foundation provides educational stipend support to children of soldiers who are killed-in-action or are permanently incapacitated in battle defending our democracy and preserving peace and order. Learn more about it HERE.
HOW TO REGISTER
Sign up for RESERVATION online. Click on the link below to RESERVE A SLOT for TBR Dream Marathon 2011 on March 20, 2011.
- The race is open to 400 FIRST- or SECOND-TIME MARATHONERS. First-timers will be given priority. Second-time marathoners may reserve a slot but will be on wait-list and will gain entry only after 300 slots for first-time marathoners are filled.
- We follow a strict first come, first served rule.
- Please note that reservation does not mean immediate acceptance into TBR Dream Marathon.
- We expect honesty and full transparency in your submission. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse entry or disqualify a participant.
- When slots are full, registration details will be provided on thebullrunner.com and will be emailed to RESERVED RUNNERS. Failure to appear during the registration period will mean automatic forfeiture of reserved slot.
- Organizer will not answer any queries or requests to be enlisted. One can only RESERVE through the link above.
Good luck! We cannot wait to meet TBR Dreamers Batch 2011! It’s time to LIVE YOUR DREAM!
- I never ran a day in my life, can I sign up for TBR Dream Marathon? Yes. Our 22-week program is beginner friendly. We start with 2 weeks of walking to gradually introduce running. The rest of the program is based on a run-walk program. We will all use this during the training period.
- Do we run together during the entire 22-weeks leading up to the marathon? No. We will meet once a month for the next 6 months for our Bull Sessions where we will run together. For other training days, we expect you to do your homework on your own. While this is a beginners’ marathon, we will not baby you. We do commit to guide you and provide all the support you need to make this one of the most memorable experiences of your life.
- How do we know we are training properly? We have gathered the best experts in the field to give you much needed information on training for the marathon during our Bull Circles, free running talks covering topics that will prepare you for the marathon. TBR Dream Team will also be there for you. Our race director and coach, Jim Lafferty, will answer your queries via email and he responds promptly. Neville Manaois, Edward Kho, Atty. Raymund Martelino, and I, together with three new members of our team, Lit Onrubia, Jun Cruz, and my hubby, Miguel Pizarro, will support you all the way.
- I’m from the province, can I join? Yes. If you manage to reserve a slot, please email us details regarding your situation. We will allow you to send your payment and forms as long as you can make it to race day.
- I signed up for a 42k before but did not finish it, can I still join? Yes. As long as you never crossed the finish line of a 42km, then you may join.
- I finished two marathon already, but I want to join your race. Can I still join? No. The race is exclusively for first- and second-time marathoners. We encourage you, however, to volunteer as a Dream Chaser, pacer, or cheerer. This is your chance to pay it forward to other runners. Registration for Dream Chasers and volunteers will be announced here.