WHAT: Corregidor International Half Marathon
WHEN: 19 December 2010
DISTANCE: 21 km
PARTICIPANTS: 800 runners
For the serious and competitive runner who’s keen on testing his/her strength and endurance in Corregidor, registration is now open for Corregidor International Half Marathon. Below are the details:
Registration Venue and Period:
- all weekends (Saturday and Sunday only) of October and November, subject to slot availability
- RUNNR (Boni High Street ) Saturday and Sunday, 2pm to 9pm
- Second Wind (Maginhawa) Saturday only, 1pm to 6pm
- Second Wind (Ortigas Home Depo) Saturday only, 1pm to 6pm
- on-line registration facility (for participants residing abroad and outside Metro Manila) will be up on Oct 9
- P2,500.00 – until October (early registration)
- P3,000.00 – until November (late registration)
Race Registration inclusions:
- Roundtrip ferry to and from Corregidor
- Full lunch buffet on race day
- Race bib w/ RFID timing chip
- Race shirt
- Race backpack
- Finisher’s Medallion (or a 10k Achiever Medal)
- Runners’ Briefing (Dec 4 and 11) at ROX
- Carbo-loading Bonfire Party (Dec 18, Saturday night)
- Victory Party with two top performing bands (Dec 19, Sunday night)
- Personalized Finishers’ Certificate (complete with name and finish time)
Race Registration Procedures:
1) After completing registration for the race (manual or on-line), beginning the following Monday, contact Sun Cruises at 8346857/8346858/5275555 loc 4511 0r 4512.
2) Indicate the desired trip schedule:
a) Overnight – departure on Dec 18 @ 8:30am (return trip to Manila is on Dec 19 via 2:30pm trip from Corregidor*)
b) Day trip – departure on Dec 19 @ 5:30am (return trip to Manila is Dec 19 via 5:30pm trip from Corregidor*)
c) Participants with non-competing companions (non-competing companions will have to pay Php2,000.00/person; no race pack will be provided to them) will have to take the Dec 18, 11:30am trip to Corregidor (return trip to Manila is on Dec 20, Monday, via 10:00am trip from Corregidor .
* for “a)” and “b)” indicate if attending the Solidarity & Victory Party on the night of December 19 to amend departure schedule to Monday, Dec 20 via 10:00am trip from Corregidor.
3) If applicable, make accommodations reservation with Sun Cruises (only registered participants will be given reservations). Pay the appropriate accommodations booking amount through the payment mode advised by Sun Cruises.
4) On Dec 4 or 11 (as advised through email and text by the organizers) at ROX, attend the Runners’ Briefing, pick-up the race pack, and claim the Boarding Pass and/or Accommodations Booking ticket from Sun Cruises. Ensure to bring the Acknowledgement Receipt issued during registration. No Acknowledgement Receipt, No Race Pack.
Race Registration Requirements:
1) Properly filled out registration form (may be downloaded by Friday / available at the registration site)
2) Any valid ID (driver’s licence, SSS ID, voter’s ID, postal ID, passport, etc.) indicating date of birth
3) Proof of participation in a 10k race (during the last 2 months prior to registration) or 21k race (during the last 3 months prior to registration), or a full marathon (during the last 6 months prior to registration) or a doctor’s certification of fitness to participate in an athletic event. For proof of race participation, a printout of the particular race result is preferable. In lieu of that, race bib will be accepted but will be subject to verification through the race results available on-line.
4) Applicable registration fee.
Click HERE to download the registration form.