Part 2: Thank You!
TBR Dream Marathon wasn’t just like any other marathon; it was a celebration of the human spirit. Our 311 runners triumphed over cramps, pain, soreness, fears, anxieties, doubts and apprehensions as they took each step of their 42km journey. While the race ended when they crossed the finish line, their achievement that day gave them lessons they’ll carry throughout their lives.
It was a race where everyone—organizers, volunteers, Dream Chasers, sponsors, suppliers, family, friends, and spectators—set their own needs aside to make this one day the most positive and memorable experience that a future marathoner would forever hold dear.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped make TBR Dream Marathon come true for our runners. I still get goosebumps thinking about how everything turned out better than expected. We are blessed!
(1) Thank you to COACH JIM LAFFERTY. If it weren’t for that one day that we sat in your house throwing ideas around, TBR Dream would never have been born. Thank you for flying into Manila just for this race, for developing our TBR DM Training Program and answering each and every question emailed by our runners, and for the knowledge that you generously share. Thank you for giving me the confidence and strength to push myself further while reminding me to care for myself too. I will never forget riding that motorcycle through the race course with you, Jim!
(2) Thank you to TBR Dream Team. Neville, I know I nitpick, and I get anxious, and I freak out when things aren’t perfect. But, you always deliver perfectly with your calm and relaxed demeanor. Jun, you were there for Bull Sessions and Bull Circles and race day even if it meant no sleep, injury, or having to deal with my constant teasing about your being old. (Oops, did I do it again?!) Lit, you led the Bull Sessions so well that you properly guided our runners into embracing the run-walk method while inspiring them to train through these months with your sincere passion for running and teaching. Rayms, thanks for your legal counsel again. Thank you guys!
(3) Thank you, Miguel. Thank you for giving me the wings to grow so that I could do the same for others. Thank you for allowing me to reach for my own dreams.
(4) Thank you to NUVALI our Partner. TBR Dream Marathon found the perfect setting in the vast open space of NUVALI. And, we were fortunate enough to work with its awesome team led by Jun Bisnar. To NUVALI, your team was efficient, supportive, and wonderful to work with. You went the extra mile to provide our runners with the best race possible. I hope you know how many lives we’ve changed together.
(5) Thank you to Creative Juice. I loved working with CJ for logistics, especially since it was led by my sister and brother in law. Thanks to Micky who managed our race superbly. Looking forward to more exciting projects with you.
(6) Thank you to our sponsors. Our co-presenters: New Balance, and Cherifer Premium. Thank you for the all out support and presence during the race. Thank you to our major sponsors: Runrio, Secondwind, Gatorade, Photovendo. Our Minor Sponsors: Timex, ROX, Nathan, P&G, Omron, Thermos, Hammer Nutrition, Robinsons Supermarket, Forward Lean Running, Nutribar, Milo 3-in-1, Chris Sports, Starbucks, Kinesio Tex, Cadbury Zip, Health Food, Tiger Biscuits. Our Hotel Partners: El Cielito, Paseo Premiere. Our Media Partners: Men’s Health, Women’s Health, and Runner’s World.
– with Coach Rio of Runrio. Coach Rio provided his D-Tag system for the race and other race essentials. He provided more support than I could ask for. Until the end of the race, he was there to hug and congratulate runners at the finish –
– with Ron, Pacer Lara Parpan of Women’s Health our media partner, TBR DM runner Ton Gatmaitan of GroupM for Gatorade, and new marathon mommy Jaimie –
(7) Thank you to our Dream Chasers and Pacers. I think it was just as tough to run the 42km as it was for our Dream Chasers and Pacers to support our runners. For over 8 hours, they ran back and forth to escort runners, cheered their lungs out, spent their own funds for food, hydration, and even their own masahistas in tents, and last but not the least, thought less about themselves that day and more for those who were running the race. This was and always will be the essence of TBR Dream Marathon! I salute you and I’m inspired by you. You guys rocked! Thank you!
– The Tiongco Ermac Family of Dream Chasers escorts their runner into the finish –
– Dream Chasers show no signs of tiring cheering for the runners at their stations along the course –
– TBR DM Alumni Batch 2010 Mai and Bic. Both were out there at the start of the race at 2AM until our last runner crossed the finish at 11:30AM. Bic escorted both the first finisher (sub 4) and the very last (9 hrs 30+ mins) –
(8) Thank you to families and friends. Running a marathon has more to do with life than running. And, when one finishes his/her first marathon, you only wish that your loved ones are there to celebrate the momentous occasion with. To family and friends who woke up in the wee hours of the morning, waited (and worried) for their runners, created banners and flags for their runners, brought cakes and flowers and gifts to congratulate their runners, I would like to thank you for seeing the importance of this event in your loved one’s lives and contributing to the success of the race.
– Tonyo with his 4 boys. Wife Maita ran TBR DM too –
– Let receives a bunch of roses from her hubby and a card from her kiddos –
(9) Thank you to everyone. I may not be able to thank every single person who contributed to TBR Dream, but please know that I am grateful for the blood, sweat, and tears that went into this event. This was a success only because of the community’s effort behind it. Each one of you helped runners dream big, run strong, and achieve the impossible in their lives.
Part 3: More Photos