The Last Bull Circle and Bull Session
The TBR Dream Marathoners are at the homestretch of their training program!
Last February 8, 2012, we had our 5th and last Bull Circle sponsored by SecondWind Running store.
– Full house again at the Home Depot Events Hall in Ortigas across SecondWind Running Store –
Lit Onrubia, Chi running instructor and lead coach for all our Bull Sessions, gave a talk on “The Art of Tapering” to guide the runners on how to use the last few weeks before the marathon wisely.
– Lit reminds marathoners about tapering properly before the big day –
TV host, former swimming olympian, and TBR Dream Marathon alumni, Christine Jacob-Sandejas, inspired our runners with her animated and entertaining account of her journey towards becoming a runner and subsequently a marathoner.
– TBR Dream Alumni Christine Jacob-Sandejas had the crowd captivated with her marathon story –
– Ask all you want. TBR Dream Team, Neville, Lit, and myself along with guests, Christine Jacob-Sandejas, Susan Lafferty, and Mitch Felipe-Mendoza, answered questions from the runners –
The last part of the Bull Circle was a Q&A on “How to Run TBR Dream Marathon,” a no-holds barred Q&A on details of the upcoming race at Nuvali.
– Neville, Christine, myself, Susan, Mitch, and Lit –
Last February 25, 2012, we had our last Bull Session at Nuvali. We started with a brief talk led by head of Gatorade Sports Science Institute, Nino Singco, who created a special TBR DM drinking guide for our marathoners. How cool is that?
– Gatorade talk on hydration for TBR Dream Marathoners –
Then, Jim Lafferty and Lit Onrubia briefly explained the plans for the day: a 3 1/2 hour run through the roads of Nuvali split into 4 run-walk interval groups led by volunteer pacers (thanks guys! You know who you are!) and they were off!
– Pacers Jojo Manalo and Zaldy Santillan brief their group –
– TBR DM runners running before sunrise at NUVALI. Photo courtesy of J-Cip Lim –
– Runner bonding! Photo courtesy of Merl Magtangob/ Spongebob Runner –
It was hot and challenging, but the runners braved the hills and the heat to finish their last long run before marathon day on March 18. Woohoo! What can I say? This batch of TBR Dream Marathoners is one committed and determined group! Looking forward to see each runner cross the finish line in a couple of weeks!
– We filled the entire back of Solenad. Looked like a mini BHS, really! –
– Jim with our TBR DM runners –
– with my teammates Bic who’s pacing Adel at TBR DM for his first marathon –