Remember our Adobo Run After Dark contest? We’ve got our winners!
Waaah, you guys gave me a hard time choosing the top three best answers from hundreds of entries that were sent in, but here they are: (Winners will be notified via email on how to claim the prize)
a super hero like my husband. (Emily F. Nillusguin, 15km)
I’ll be wearing bling-blings made out of chunks of adobo meat and wear a singlet that have the back printed “BITE ME!”. Pacer Joe gives good PR to hungry followers. (Jose Tuason, 15k)
It is our wedding day in the morning so it is a nice way to end the day with a 15k in our wedding gown / dress attire (Luzel Franco, 15k)
Adobo was so thrilled to see such a strong response that they gave us another three Adobo Run After Dark race kits to give away! So here’s Contest No. 2. Game?
HOW TO JOIN:
1) Answer this question: WHAT COSTUME (WORN BY ANOTHER RUNNER AT ADOBO RUN AFTER DARK) WOULD SCARE YOU AWAY AND MAKE YOU RUN YOUR FASTEST? Post your answer by commenting on this post.
2) Include the following info:
- Your complete name
- Your preferred distance for the race
1) TBR will choose the 3 best answers and each will win 1 race kit each. Distance of your choice.
2) Contest is open to Metro Manila residents only.
3) Only one entry per runner.
4) Winner will be notified via email on how to claim the prize.
5) Contest closes on Friday, Sept. 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
Here’s more info on Adobo Run After Dark happening on October 20, 2012…
ADOBO RUN AFTER DARK 3: THE PARTY WITH A RUN
Live music, fireworks, spectacular performances, free flowing beer… all the elements that make a great party. And oh, did we mention that it’s also a run?
Prepare for a treat as adobo Magazine, the country’s premier advertising and brand communications publication brings you its third edition of adobo Run After Dark on Saturday, October 20 at the SM Mall of Asia grounds. An estimated 5000 runners and party revelers get to celebrate their running feat with a full-blown party and live concert immediately after the race.
All fitness levels are welcome in the 5k, 10k and 15k race categories, with the first gun start firing at 6:30pm. In keeping with the Halloween theme that has made adobo Run After Dark stand out as a fun and unique event, cash prizes are also awarded to the creepiest, wackiest and most creative costumes of the night.
And here’s the best part. While having the time of your life, a needy home is being lit through MyShelter Foundation’s “A Liter of Light” program, which is the beneficiary of adobo Run After Dark for the second year running.
This year’s party with a run is brought to you in partnership with Smart Communications, Meralco, McDonald’s, St Luke’s Medical Center, Summit Water, 100 Plus, Manila Beer, Greenlite Banner, Video Sonic, Timex and SM Mall of Asia. Media partners include Business Mirror, Manila Bulletin, Philippine Star, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Inquirer.net, The Bullrunner, Multisport Magazine, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Runners World, WheninManila, Mellow 94.7 and 99.5RT.
Interested parties can register online at www.adobomagazine.com/adoborun. In-store registration is also available at R.O.X. and Runnr, both in Bonifacio Global City, Second Wind at 45 Malingap St., Teacher’s Village, Q.C. and at the adobo magazine office at OPVI Center, 2295 Pasong Tamo Extension, Makati.
For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 0917 432 8479.
UPDATE: Congrats t0 the following winners!
1) A Miriam Defensor-Santiago costume with all her ire and fury.
Teresita D. Encarnacion, 15K
2) My mom wearing her pink hair rollers, bestida, and bottle of tuba filled with milk enclosed with chupon at the end and shouting “Jay Mhar drink your milk!” That would get me running. Mom, stop babying me. Nakakahiya sa mga fellow runners)
Jay Mhar Jerusalem, 15K
3) I would LITERALLY run the fastest if I have been chased by Usain Bolt high on drugs and only wearing a birthday suit!
Marjee Guysayko, 15K