A few weeks back, adidas launched the adidas Energy Boost in an intimate press gathering. Adrien Semblat, head of Marketing for adidas Philippines, introduced us to their newest shoe.
ABOUT THE SHOE: ADIDAS ENERGY BOOST
adidas Energy Boost is the new running shoe with revolutionary cushioning technology that provides the highest energy return in the industry.
The foundation of the ENERGY BOOST™ innovation is centred on proprietary cushioning material, BOOST™, that allows the runner to feel a continuous energy return. The revolutionary technology allows small energy capsules in the soles to store and unleash energy more efficiently with every stride.
Holding its performance in almost any condition the exclusive BOOST™ material has been proven to be three times more temperature-resistant than standard EVA material, thus providing a more consistent and comfortable run.
The adidas ENERGY BOOST™ innovation goes beyond the revolutionary midsole technology. The upper on the ENERGY BOOST™ features adidas Techfit technology, which provides optimal comfort and support to the entire foot while in motion.
Additional features include a special mid-foot support frame, an extended TORSION® system to minimise roll for more stability, adiwear outsole to reduce wear in key soles areas and an external heel counter to maximise the heel fit and comfort. The adidas ENERGY BOOST™ is miCoach compatible.
OUR TEST RUN
adidas provided each of us with our own pair of adidas Energy Boost with our names, literally, written on it (well, on the box at least!) along with adidas apparel for a quick test run around Track 30th, just across the newly opened adidas store in Two Parkade, Bonifacio High Street.
MY FIRST IMPRESSION
For transparency, I’ve only used the shoe during the test run and I have yet to take it for a longer run. I usually give shoe reviews for shoes I’ve run over 15k in. Having said that, here’s my initial impression of the shoe:
– Bouncy and responsive. The selling point of this shoe is its responsiveness because of its new Boost technology (the bubble look in the sole that looks like styrofoam) and I must say that I agree. With every step, the shoe does feel bouncy but still close to the ground. Now, I can’t tell if the whole concept about energy is for real, but it sure does feel like it!
– Comfort. The shoe feels snug because of the Techfit material of the upper; it fits like a glove. I love shoes like this so this was a plus for me. Mental note to wear this only on sunny days since rain will get your socks and shoes soaked.
– Light. This shoe is very light. In my vocabulary that also means fast.
– Iffy about stability. adidas says the Torsion system will help for stability, but I do need to test this first. Upon seeing the shoe, I would say it looks like it’s more for the efficient neutral runner.
– Pricey. P7,995 is on the higher end of the price range for run shoes.
I hope to give a more thorough review of this shoe when I’ve used it for longer runs after my marathon.
WHERE TO BUY
adidas ENERGY BOOST™ retails at PHP7995 and is currently available only at adidas, Two Parkade, Bonifacio High Street. Only 200 pairs available in the Philippines.