Don’t forget! It’s the first Bull Circle entitled THE MARATHON DREAM tonight at R.O.X., Bonifacio High Street. We start at 6:30 PM and hope to end by 8 PM. It’s free and open to the public. Please click HERE for full details.
Looking forward to seeing the new batch of TBR Dream Marathoners there as well as all you other runners. It’s going to be a fun evening!
Thank you to our partner NUVALI, co-presenter New Balance, major sponsors Secondwind Running Store, Gatorade, Photovendo, minor sponsors Hammer Nutrition, Nutribar, Nathan, ROX and logistics partner Creative Juice.
How time flies! We will soon have the last talk in our series of Bull Circle talks which started last February. (Sniff sniff) We do hope you can make it.
BULL CIRCLE 4
TOPIC: MARATHON DAY: FUEL UP AND FIGHT!
WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2010
7:00 PM, ROX
FREE, Everyone is welcome to attend
No pre-registration required
- Brief update on THE BULL RUNNER DREAM MARATHON
- PROPER NUTRITION FOR MARATHON DAY (by Mitch Felipe)
- Intro on energy balance – calories that you burn and you should take in during your training and 42K run
- What to eat 10 days before a full-marathon (Discuss carbo-loading as well)
- Will share nutrition tips based on successful marathon finishers
- How to prevent cold sweats, cramps, dizziness while doing the actual full marathon
- Preventing weight gain after the marathon
- HYDRATION PLAN FOR MARATHON DAY (by Dr. George Canlas) – The importance of proper hydration for race day.
- PSYCHING YOURSELF UP FOR THE MARATHON (by Mitch Felipe)
- Top negative thoughts before and while running the marathon: how to turn these into positive thoughts to finish the run
- Effective self-talks applied by successful 42K finishers
- Changing one’s attitude and behavior to stay away from unexpected marathon events which might tempt you to quit (ex: running with walkers, getting intimidated by other runners, weather condition..etc.)
BACKGROUND OF SPEAKERS:
Mitch Felipe-Mendoza is a lifestyle and weight management coach, a fitness trainer and a finisher of several marathons. She is a regular wellness contributor of Philippine Daily Inquirer, weight loss columnist for Women’s Health Philippines, and nutrition contributor for The Bull Runner Magazine. She holds a master’s degree in psychology.
Dr. George Canlas is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine. He was once a member of the National Track Team. He is the Gatorade Sports Science Institute adviser.
And we just keep on growing!
Last Wednesday, April 7, 2010, runners packed the corner of R.O.X. Bonifacio High Street for the 3rd Bull Circle Talk. This time, we were delighted to have the largest attendance so far with 170 runners arriving for the talk on Gear and Gels.
Harvie de Baron of Hammer Nutrition explained the importance of proper nutrition not just on race day but also prior to the race and post-race. Harvie said that our body has a natural “fuel tank” that should last for 90 mins. if we run at 75 to 80% of maximum heart rate. After this point, we should refuel using gels or sportsdrinks…
Hector Yuzon of Secondwind Running Store discussed running shoes. He gave runners important and practical tips on choosing the right shoe for their foot types and answered all shoe and foot queries…
Thank you to Harvie and Hector for your informative talks and for your support for our TBR Dream Marathoners!
– Harvie, myself, Neville, and Hector –
Thank you to all the sponsors of THE BULL RUNNER DREAM MARATHON at NUVALI! Co-presenters: Nike Park and Oakley. Venue Sponsor: Nuvali. Major sponsors: Nuvali, Secondwind Running Store, Nature Valley, Phiten, Cecon, Finishline, Gatorade, PhotoVendo. Regular sponsors: Timex, Hammer Nutrition, Dole. With support from: ROX, ResToeRun. Media partner: Run Radio, The Bull Runner Magazine. Logistics partner: Creative Juice.