One of the most popular runs in the country is set to launch the first of its 3 races this coming March!
2014 Run United 1 will be held on March 16, 2014 with 500m, 5k, 10k, and 21k race categories. All categories will have a start and finish at the SM Mall of Asia.
I attended the bloggers’ conference last Monday where Lester of Unilab Active Health unveiled the new theme of Run United for its RunRio trilogy: Citius (faster), Altius (higher), Fortius (stronger), which is the motto of the modern olympics.
For Run United 1, the word “Citius” will…get this…magically appear at the back of your singlet as your start to sweat. (Okay, it’s not magic. The shirt is sweat activated, but it’s cool eh?) For Run United 2, the theme will be “Altius” and “Fortius” for Run United Philippine Marathon.
– Coach Rio and Lester show off the new singlets for Run United 1. Photo: LeStSky Photography –
The new medals were also presented to us. As in the past years, the completion of all three races, RU1, RU2, and RUPM, will allow you to combine your hard-earned medals to form a single piece. (I wonder when I’ll ever get one!)
Then, of course, we ended the night with some chit chat and photos as always!
– Bloggers’ Class Pic! Photo: LeStSky Photography –
– Nice to see my running blogger friends again! Photo: LeStSky Photography –
– with my favourite running blogger, Vimz of Kulit Runner. Photo: LeStSky Photography –
Congrats once again to Unilab Active Health and RunRio for constantly “exceeding yourself” and giving us runners bigger and better races to look forward to.
As for you runners, read below for details on race registration. I’ll see you there!
RUN UNITED 1 RACE INFO
Online registration started last January 31, 2014 at www.runrio.com
You may purchase the prepaid cards at the following stores: from 12:00NN to 8:00PM Monday to Sunday starting February 8, 2014.
– Riovana Store BGC, 28th Street corner 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
– Riovana Store Katipunan, 3rd Floor Regis Building, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City (across Ateneo, and beside KFC)
– Toby’s, SM North – The Block G/F, North Ave. cor. EDSA Quezon City
– Toby’s, SM Mall of Asia, G/F Entertainment Hall, Roxas Blvd, Manila
Category – Registration Fee
500m – Php350
5K – Php700
10K – Php800
21K – Php900
For Online and In-Store Registration Inquiries:
– Landline (+632) 463 4813 or (+632) 463 4814
– Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm only, except holidays.
For more info, visit unilabactivehealth.com and runrio.com