It’s back. The Virtual Training Run that a few of us crazies so happily took part in last year. (Search for “Virtual Run” in my archives if you want to read V-Runs 1 through 5). Now, the headmaster of our V-runs, E-rod, is back from hibernation and is raring to go again.
This is how it works:
Runners separated by geography do a training run “together” wherever they may be in the world. We set a distance (more or less) and meet at a specific time, so 6:00 am Manila time makes it 6:00pm US East Coast a day before.
DATE: 30 July 2008, Wednesday (Manila time)
TIME: 6:00 A.M. (Manila time)
DISTANCE: 10 km/6 miles (or whatever you wish)
The following are past participants and most of them have already committed to joining us. After the training session, each participant writes a quick recap of the session so that each of us benefits from this collective effort. If you don’t have a blog, fret not, just comment on one of our blogs about your experience.
- E-rod – Newport Beach, USA/Freeport, Bahamas
- HitMe – Quezon City, Philippines
- Banggi – Makati, Philippines/Saigon, Viet Nam
- Ben – Manila to Makati, Philippines
- Renz – Metro Manila, Philippines
- Marga – Parañaque, Philippines
- Caloy – Davao, Philippines
- TRF – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Gretchen – Truckee, USA
- Rick – San Francisco, USA
- Nora – Kent County, UK
- Steph – San Diego/New York, USA
- Runningmom – Philippines
- Doc Oknoy – Philippines
- Bartlby – Philippines
- DATC – Alabang, Philippines
- Jinoe – Philippines
- Bobby – Philippines
- Caloy – Philippines
- TBR – Paranaque, Philippines
So what are you waiting for? Lace up those shoes and come join us. Comment on this post with your city/country to let us know you want in.
*If you have an injury that keeps you from running, participate by cycling, swimming, blading or anything that involves self-propelled constant motion.