This morning’s run with the hubby in Bonifacio Global City was a BAD one on so many counts:
1) Attack of the Mountain Bikers. Where did they all come from? There were over 50 mountain bikers circling the BHS loop when we arrived. There were double the usual number of runners, but we were still outnumbered by the biking peeps. Hubby and I decided to leave the loop and run the roads behind S&R, near British School instead.
2) Early Breakfast. Early into the run, I was chatting with hubby when something—was it a baby fly or a tiny rock?—flew into my mouth and slid down my throat! I attempted to cough it out, but to no avail. Took a big gulp of water to flush it down. Eew.
3) The Bratty Knee. The dry needling last Thursday completely healed my minor shin splints. But, as expected, the Runner’s Knee continued to rear its ugly head. My PT had told me that the knee would only recover through my own efforts (read: strengthening exercises) and with time. So, at 8km, I slowed down and eventually stopped.
4) No Sweat. No, I don’t mean the run was easy. I literally mean, I didn’t sweat at all! It was so cool and breezy this morning that my sweat glands kicked up their feet and slept through the run. I felt like I didn’t even work out.
5) PMS. Nothing is ever fine nor positive for a woman who is PMS-ing. To tell you the truth, I may be exaggerating with Nos. 1 to 4 because my hubby seemed completely satisfied with his run (although that may be due to the fact that he didn’t swallow a rock nor suffer any injuries.)
Good thing I found this video on youtube to cheer me up. It’s called THE DAY AFTER THE MARATHON, a commercial from the Flora London Marathon…