Last Feb. 18, 2012, Gatorade treated 52 of our TBR Dream Marathon runners and friends to a free Gatorade Sweat Test at Ultra.
The experts and staff of Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) came in full force. And, even before the 5am call time, our runners were lined up at the Ultra entrance. 100% attendance from all sign ups!
Runners went through this simple and organized process led by GSSI:
1. Measure Body Weight;
2. Urine Test;
3. Patch the Runners (the staff places a cotton like material on the runner’s forearm and forehead to collect sweat and analyze electrolytes)
4. 1 hour 30 minutes running
After the 1 1/2 hour run…
5. Taking off of patches after about 45 minutes
6. Finish the 1:30 hr run while monitoring fluid intake
7. Cool Down
8. Towel down and Weigh out.
– Surprise surprise! Who did I bump into as a member of the GSSI team? My favorite PT at Moro Lorenzo Sports Center, Aspi. Years ago, I would run to him for dry needling! That’s me with Aspi and Jun –
We received the results from GSSI yesterday. Drumroll please! Participants will receive the results via email as well.
GENERAL DRINK GUIDE FOR TBR DREAM MARATHONERS 2012 ON BULL SESSION 5
While the lucky 50 runners get a personalized guide to their hydration, GSSI was kind enough to offer the same information and guidance to the rest of our runners.
On our next Bull Session on Feb. 25 at NUVALI, GSSI head Nino Sinco will present a TBR Gatorade Drink Guide, a General Drink Guide for the TBR DM Runners based on the data they collected and obtained from the sample of 52 TBR DM Runners during the test. Basically, it’s a cross section guide for the participants/ trainees/ runners.
The talk will start at 4:00 AM at the Solenad Activity area and end at around 4:25 AM. This will be followed by a brief talk by Jim Lafferty and Lit Onrubia and off we go on our 3.5 hour long run.
Some photos courtesy of Nino Sinco. Thanks Nino!