Sometimes I think I’m too hard on myself. Correction, I think I’m hard on myself MOST of the time.
I’m always wondering if I could’ve done better, trained harder, ran faster, done more, said nicer things (and shut my mouth about the negative ones), ate more greens, skipped the chips… Okay, you get the point.
But, today, I got a little reminder from an email from Women’s Health reminding me to give myself a high five for anything that I should be proud of. And, I thought, wait a minute, they’re right. I ain’t doing too bad! I should give myself a pat on the back every now and then.
So, here are five things I think I should give myself a high five for:
1) Getting the kids through another year of school;
2) Adding more speed to my running program for the past 2 weeks;
3) Passing on the Cheetos that keep calling my name whenever I pass the kitchen;
4) Cooking more at home (you must taste my Spinach-Feta Cheese Quinoa! I eat it almost everyday! LOL);
5) Swimming, biking, running, and practicing Bikram Yoga despite this awful heat. (Congrats to all of you out there who are doing the same!)
– Track work is hard enough. It’s even more challenging in the heat. But, you gotta do what you gotta do! –
How about you? What do you think you should give yourself a high five for? Women’s Health believes that you have a lot of things to be proud of and I do too.
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY, WOMEN’S HEALTH!
Speaking of Women’s Health, they’re celebrating their 5th birthday in Boracay from April 11 to 13. I’ll be there to join in on the fun. You’re invited too! Drop by if you can!