Nike recently launched its two new tights, Nike Power Speed Tights and Nike Zoned Sculpt Tight, at Nike Tight Night, an active evening event exclusively for women. True to Nike fashion, none of us had any idea what was in store for us that evening. (more…)
Every now and then, you chance upon a product that is so innovative yet so simple that you mutter to yourself: Why didn’t I think of that?
That’s what I thought when I received a sample of Simply Hydration bottle from ultra marathoner Tin Ferrera.
The brainchild of seasoned Ohio based triathlete and marathoner, Brian Hock, Simple Hydration, is an innovative product revolutionizing the way runners, cyclists, triathletes, crossfitters, gym buff or anyone on the go hydrate. Hock got sick of handhelds and bulky belts during his tri-training and instead of complaining or suffering, he invented this bottle.
The Simple Hydration bottle is a 13 ounce bottle with a unique contoured shape for a great fit. It is slender in one place, wider in the other, and has a lip on one side to hook on a belt or waist band. It is easy to grip with one hand, insert in your shirt by your nape, around the waistband of your running shorts or race belt for a comfortable, bounce-free run. It just hooks anywhere! It is BPA free, made of LDPE and manufactured in the USA.
It’s so simple, convenient, and light; I loved it. I preferred to grip it with one hand while on the run rather than clipping it onto my shorts or inserting it in the back of my shirt as I found this to be very uncomfortable. The spout is a slightly difficult to pull with your teeth, but it does ensure that it doesn’t spill nor open while on the run. While 13 ounces may not be enough for a run above 10k, I found this to be the perfect size because any bigger would be too heavy to lug around. The solution would be to ensure that you can refill at some point for longer training runs.
[WIN A SIMPLE HYDRATION BOTTLE!]
How to Join
Complete the statement below by posting a comment on this blog post:
“I WANT TO RUN WITH SIMPLE HYDRATION, THE BOTTLE THAT HOOKS ANYWHERE. I will use my SIMPLE HYDRATION BOTTLE for my ________________. I like it because ________________.”
Include your Name and Email address
“I WANT TO RUN WITH SIMPLE HYDRATION, THE BOTTLE THAT HOOKS ANYWHERE.
I will use my SIMPLE HYDRATION BOTTLE for my training run for my first triathlon. I like it because it will keep me hydrated while running and I can hook it anywhere after getting off the bike”
- One runner will win a Simple Hydration Bottle.
- First 20 runners to enter get a P100 discount on the purchase of their SIMPLE HYDRATION bottle. They can claim this at Second Wind Running Store or G-Stop.
1) Deadline for submission of entries: FEBRUARY 22, 2013, FRIDAY at 11:59 AM.
2) TBR will choose one winner.
3) Only one entry per runner. Submission of more than one entry leads to disqualification.
4) Winner will be announced on this blog post and will be advised via email on how to claim the prize.
[WHERE TO BUY]
Simple Hydration Bottle is available for P850 at the following stores:
- A Runner’s Circle (Roxas Blvd., Cebu City, Legaspi City)
- G-Stop (Greenhills, Alabang Town Center)
- Second Wind Running Store (Ortigas Home Depot, Greenhills, UP Village)
- Sprint Multisports Store (Cagayan De Oro)
- The Brick Multisports Store (Mckinley, Taguig City and Cebu City)
Congratulations to our winner: Alfred Roderick Estefani aka Basura Boy! You win 1 Simple Hydration bottle because of your answer below:
I WANT TO RUN WITH SIMPLE HYDRATION, THE BOTTLE THAT HOOKS ANYWHERE. I will use my SIMPLE HYDRATION BOTTLE for my training for the upcoming Milo Marathon since I’m planning to run the 42k there. I like it because I’m a minimalist. I run on Vibram Five Fingers, huaraches or even barefoot. For a hydration bottle, it doesn’t get more minimalist than this.
The following runners get P100 off Simple Hydration bottle at Second Wind Running Store or G-Stop:
- Vince email@example.com
- Angelica May Pinon firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa dela Pena email@example.com
- Maricar Leyva firstname.lastname@example.org
- Addison email@example.com
- Ricky Artigas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tristan John Castro email@example.com
- Lemuel Mira firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deanna email@example.com
- Kenneth Rola firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jay email@example.com
- Karen May Caliente-Mira firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Paul Bello email@example.com
- Rowell Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aaron Kyle email@example.com
- Barbra Nava firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Sanchez email@example.com
- Mark Clint Lura firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julius Romero email@example.com
- Rosemarie La Torre firstname.lastname@example.org
Please expect an email from us regarding claiming of your prize.
For months now, I’ve been using the Sensacare Universal Pack regularly for icing my ice or knees when I feel the need. Turns out, they have another product especially for the foot: Sensacare Thermo-Shoes.
Sensacare Thermo-Shoes provide hot or cold therapy to temporarily ease discomfort or pain on the foot. The Thermo-Shoes look like real shoes (hence the name!) and are completely reusable.
– Sensacare Thermo-Shoes P3,499-
The Thermo shoes have removable inserts made of 100% natural ingredients such as chamomile, cinnamon, lemongrass, peppermint, rosemary, spearmint, white willow which give out a wonderful aroma while using. (I can’t get enough of it!) All you have to do is remove the inserts from the shoe by unzipping the bottom, heat or freeze the herbal packs and flexible soles, slip them back into their compartments in the shoe and, voila, you’ve got yourself convenient and mess-free hot or cold therapy packs or, in this case, shoes.
The Thermo-Shoes are oh-so comfortable to wear. I use them while watching TV or even working after a long run, half or full marathon, or anytime I feel some discomfort in my feet. The aroma from the herbal packs add a sense of calmness in the air. My feet and I are happy campers when we’re wearing them!
As I’ve noted in my past review of Sensacare products, my only concern is that the herbal packs don’t get as cold as ice. The product is a bit pricey too at P3,499. Still, for those with bottomless pockets, this would be a nifty product to have. Take it from me…and Li’l Miss Bull Runner who found another use for it…
For inquiries, call Salie Guarin
- Mobile: 09228770218/09278379440
- Landline: 636-2847
First off, I feel like your Grandmother having to go through the history of these Nike+ running products, but, at the same time, it’s nice to see the product innovations from Nike.
Just a week ago, Nike launched the Nike+ SportWatch GPS—yes GPS!—here in Manila. Finally, Nike comes up with a GPS watch! Footpods and calibration are just too cumbersome and most of the time inaccurate based on my experience.
Nike sent me a product for testing and I used it for an easy 10k run last night. Usually, I test a product for a week or two before I post about it. But, let me give you my feedback already because I’m just pleasantly surprised:
1) It was accurate! It was! It was! Admittedly, I had my doubts about the accuracy of this product given my experience with the Sportsbands of the past. But, this time, I compared the distance and pace with the readings of Garmin Forerunner and it was spot on down to the average pace.
2) User friendly. I spent less than 5 minutes going through the manual, downloading the Nike+ software, and starting the watch for a run.
3) Attractive. Love its look. Cool and sleek. My favorite part: the end of the strap is a USB plug! So creative.
4) Fun. True to the Nike spirit, it’s a fun watch to have. It congratulated me for my first run. Almost like having a buddy out there on the road with you.
5) Tap watch. Timex has a tap watch and Garmin 910 can be tapped too. This watch can be tapped for the backlight and laps for convenience.
6) Connect to the Nike+ community. I used to join the challenges here. As a beginner, they helped to motivate me to run longer distances or, at the very least, look forward to each day’s run.
7) Works as a regular watch so you can use it even for non-running days.
* Note: You can read about other features below. I mentioned those that, for me, were significant features that should be highlighted.
1) A bit pricey compared to the older Garmin models.
2) Durability. I’m a bit concerned about its durability. I ran with it under the rain and I must admit I was quite worried about it. I’m not quite sure if this would last you over 2 years.
Press release from Nike…
NIKE AND TOMTOM UNVEIL GAME-CHANGING NIKE+ SPORTWATCH GPS
New Watch Delivers World’s Most Dynamic Running Experience
PHILIPPINES, MAY 31 – NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) and TomTom (AEX: TOM2) have collaborated to create the Nike+ SportWatch GPS Powered by TomTom and will launch in Philippines on June 1. The new running watch will provide athletes with the most dynamic and motivational running experience in the world thanks to its unique functionality, beautiful design, and direct connection to www.nikeplus.com, the world’s leading running community with more than 6 million members.
The Nike+ SportWatch GPS is designed for high-performance with an extremely clear and readable user interface that delivers the information necessary to the user while in-run. It adds personalization and motivational features to the running experience, including audible sounds, challenges, run reminders and more.
“The Nike+ SportWatch GPS is a game-changing product that furthers our commitment to provide all athletes with unparalleled motivation and the tools to get better,” said Stefan Olander, VP of Nike Digital Sport.
“It is part of TomTom Consumer’s strategy to move into the fast-growing sports and fitness market. This true partnership with Nike combines the strengths of two leading companies to deliver a game-changing product for runners,” said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director, TomTom Consumer. TomTom is the world’s leading provider of location and navigation solutions.
The Nike+ SportWatch GPS is designed to be simple and intuitive with only three buttons and a Tap Screen for navigation. During the run, the new Nike+ SportWatch GPS captures location information while showing runners their time, distance, pace, and calories burned on an easy-to-read screen featuring a customizable layout. Throughout the run, the GPS receiver works in tandem with the shoe-based Nike+ Sensor to deliver highly accurate pace and distance data.
On-watch features include:
• Tap Screen for setting laps and activating backlight
• Run History with data from past runs
• Personal Records including those imported from Nikeplus.com
• Quick Start with optional shoe-based Nike+ Sensor
• Heart Rate Monitor compatibility
Some of the unique motivating factors the Nike+ SportWatch GPS offer runners on-screen include:
• Recognition (or “Attaboys”) for personal records
• Run Reminders that appear after five days if a run has not been logged
• Post-run acknowledgement and encouragement
The Nike+ SportWatch GPS plugs neatly into any USB port on a Mac or PC, then immediately launches the Nike+ Connect interface which automatically transfers information to www.nikeplus.com.
“With more than 150 million runs logged since its launch in 2006, Nikeplus.com captures the pulse of the running world everyday,” added Olander.
Nikeplus.com presents runners with the GPS mapping, total miles, pace and elevation data for their most recent run in a rich and engaging way that will be familiar to users of the popular Nike+ GPS iPhone application.
“Providing runners with accurate pace, distance and location information during and after their run gives them the information they need to better train and track their progress,” added Vigreux.
Data from each run is automatically applied to all current Nike+ Challenges, Nike+ Goals, and Nike+ Coach programs in which the runner is participating.
Additional Features at Nikeplus.com
Athletes who want to get the most out of their run and from the Nike+ SportWatch GPS will have access to a huge catalogue of run routes logged by Nike and published by other runners on streets and trails around the world.
Each run will be graphically mapped with the help of TomTom technology, and include route notes, elevation and length. Runners will also be able to find the perfect route by searching the catalogue by location, length, difficulty, and even landmarks.
Since the 2006 launch of Nike+ in partnership with Apple, a variety of Nike+ enabled devices have been introduced to help runners reach their full potential including the Nike+ iPod Sport Kit for iPod nano and iPod touch, the Nike+ SportBand, and the new Nike+ GPS App for use with the iPhone.
Nike+ Sportwatch GPS will retail at Php 8,495 and available through the following stores:
• Bonifacio High Street
• Glorietta 4
• Robinsons Galleria
• Robinsons Ermita Manila
• Rockwell Powerplant
• Alabang Town Center
• Bonifacio Global City
• Regis Center, Katipunan
RUNNR Bonifacio High Street