Toby’s Sports, the largest multi-brand sports retailer in the Philippines, unveiled its new national campaign that underlines its aggressive pursuit to promote sports and an active lifestyle. Toby’s also officially launched its e-commerce site, a testament to its commitment to providing the best shopping experience to its customers, further solidifying its place as the sports retailer of choice for Filipinos. (more…)
We all know how crucial it is for runners to choose and use the proper running shoe for our foot type. But, a large number of runners fail to give importance to the shoe they use when they’re NOT running. Believe it or not, your favorite office shoe, heels, or flipflops, can make (or break you) at your next race.
A few months back, I was lucky enough to learn about Telic. Telic is a new sports recovery sandal which aims to provide comfort and maximum energy absorption to ease joint pain after strenuous activities. It doesn’t only absorb shock, but it actually has a “bounce back” effect. It also has a light heel rock which reduces the pressure on the foot and provides good arch support. (more…)
It’s official. The Bull Runner has just bagged two awards in the recently held 2008 Philippine Blog Awards: THE BEST BLOG IN THE SPORTS CATEGORY and the BEST SINGLE POST IN THE SPORTS CATEGORY.
I wish I had been there to accept it. I would’ve worn a red dress (the one color that makes a bull run faster) with my running shoes underneath to be the fastest winner to climb up onstage and give my acceptance speech.
Oh, the acceptance speech. This is more like a thanksgiving speech because, as corny as it sounds, I do I have a lot of people I’d like to thank. Here goes:
– To the judges of the 2008 Philippine Blog Awards, I am honored that you chose this little blog of mine as the winner in the sports category. The fact that experts and celebrities like you took the time out to read all the crazy stuff I write about here was overwhelming; being named winner just blew me away.
– To the running bloggers, it’s great to have met people like you who share a common passion not just for running but blogging as well. May we all continue to rave about our runs, talk about our training, and inspire non-runners to lace up or current runners to aim higher. (Check out the sidebar on your right for the best running blogs online.)
– To my running friends—especially Annie, Banggi and Marga of Team BWK, Happy Feet peeps and everyone else—you make running even more fun than it already is.
– To YOU—whether you’re a wannabe runner, newbie, veteran, elite runner, track & field olympian—thank you for always dropping by to make this blog more than just a handful of stories from my world. Your witty, thought-provoking, humorous, and inspiring comments add to the life of this blog. Okay, sometimes the snide remarks help make it more exciting too.
– To my hubby, thank you for not getting jealous over my 2nd love: running. You are my best friend, biggest fan, most generous sponsor (keep it coming!), most ardent supporter, photographer, and last but not the least, bestest running buddy. Let’s keep on running. Hopefully, the kids will join in soon.
* Logo from 2008 Philippine Blog Awards
GOOD NEWS: I just found out that The Bull Runner is/was a finalist in the 2008 Philippine Blog Awards 2 – Sports Category. Among the 7 finalists, TBR was the only running blog. Woohoo!
BAD NEWS: The blog awards is tonight. I had no idea. I didn’t receive a notification nor an invitation—nothing. I wonder who won.