Ton Concepcion of Condura is asking for any more suggestions for Condura Race 2010. He gave me a sneak peek into what they’ve planned so far, and let me tell you that I think they’ve got everything (and more!) covered. But, if there are still some items you’d like to share from your “Marathon Wish List,” for the race and pre- and post-race events, share it now and Ton says that they’ll try their best to make our marathon dreams come true on Feb. 7, 2010.
As for my Marathon Wish List, I just have two requests:
- Well-organized race (from redemption of race packets to leaving the parking lot after the race!)
- Marc Nelson to run alongside me throughout the entire marathon
Okay, fine. You can skip No. 2. Just give me No. 1 and I’ll be a happy camper. All those below would be great too:
- Carboloading party for 42k runners Friday before the race
- Quality race singlets
- Race bibs with runners’ names on them
- Pace groups
- Bananas, gels, and sponges at stations
- COLD Gatorade and mineral water at stations with long tables
- Portalets along the route
- Timing chip with RunPix analysis
- Free race photos from PhotoVendo
- Pleasant and knowledgeable race volunteers and marshals (believe me, this makes a big difference when one is exhausted)
- Entertainment at every other kilometer (e.g., Marc Nelson yelling me name)
- Nice, heavy, unique medals
- Additional singlets only for 42k finishers
- Food after the race
- Free massage after the race
For now that’s it. I’m sure I’ll think of more.
Feel free to list your own requests by commenting below. Ton will definitely read it.