In the spirit of Mother’s Day last Sunday, I thought of sharing some products that I love…
(1) RUN LIKE A MOTHER: A friend brought this home for me as pasalubong from a trip abroad. I initially thought it would be a typical book on recreational moms who happen to run. I was wrong. It’s a witty and engaging book written by serious runners who happen to be moms and how they successfully balance everything on their plate. I’m just halfway through the book but I can completely relate!
(2) CUSHE SLIPPERS: I bought this pair of slippers last week in Trinoma after giving a running talk. I usually use Havaianas after a run or swim (and I probably still will for convenience), but this is another option for a more unique and feminine look. Love how the toe slips in between the two straps. And, did I tell you how comfortable they are?! Perfect after a long run. Cushe must mean cushy.
(3) MESSY BESSY SPORTS SPRAY: My good friend Krie Lopez manufactures Messy Bessy. She gave me this for Christmas and I just love it. You know how your sweaty running clothes inevitably makes everything else around it smell like sweat—the car, your gym bag, and even your bathroom. Spray this and the odor goes away completely!
(4) COLUMBIA CHASKI SANDAL: When Columbia gave me this last year, I had a tough time choosing among the colors. Don’t let the cute, playful colors fool you. This sandal was inspired by the ancient Messenger in the Inca Empire called Chaski, who were highly trained runners. Admittedly, I wouldn’t run in them, but I use them for the beach or grocery. Columbia says it’s the ultimate outdoor sandal.
(5) GOODY STAY PUT: I’m a huge fan of Goody’s Stay Put line. But, for the past years, I’ve always stuck to the plain back bands. Couple of weeks ago, I bought this colored set from Runnr. Makes summer running even more fun! And, they’re not so hard to find in my black hole of a gym bag.
(6) NIKE FREE RUN+ 2: I know, I know. I’ve written about this before. But, I can’t help it. This is the ultimate running shoe slash everything else shoe for me. And no, I’m not a Nike endorser. (The shoe in the photo below is the newest model for Women.)
(7) NATHAN HYDRATION BELTS: Check out these colors! I used to be a big Amphipod fan, but after trying Nathan, I switched brands. What I like most about Nathan are the elasticized belts that don’t shift up and down like other brands. I’ll post more detailed product reviews on these two products (and the handheld which is what I use the most) soon.
Belated Happy Mother’s Day to all running mommies! It’s not too late to ask for gifts, you know?