Who hasn’t registered for Run United Philippine Marathon (RUPM)?! I’m looking forward to running 21k there.
RUPM is the third and last leg of the RunRio Trilogy and the only slots open are for Ceelin 500m dash. RUPM, now on its second year, will feature four race categories namely: Ceelin 500m, Hydrite 10km, Alaxan FR 21km and Enervon Activ 42km.
What can you expect at Run United Philippine Marathon on October 6, 2013?
(1) Runners who participated in Run United 1 and 2 can finally obtain the last piece of their “medal puzzle” and complete their UNITED medal.
The completed UNITED medal from the 2013 Run United Trilogy series (21-21-21, 21-32-21, 21-32-42) fits together with the RUPM finisher’s medal. According to Unilab Active Health, securing all these medals is a testament of the runners’ commitment to continuously exceed themselves in the field of running.
– Unilab’s Alex Panlilio welcomes the bloggers at the recently held bloggers night for Run United Philippine Marathon –
(2) The 3,000 Enervon Activ 42km runners and finishers will get VIP treatment—before, during and after the race. Gatorade, ION Energy Drink, water, sponges and bananas will be given out at certain points of the routes.
(3) 42k runners will be among the first to try and taste Active Health’s latest offering in its Sports Nutrition Line – the Active Health Sports Gel, to be launched at Run United Philippine Marathon.
– Active Health Sports Gel will be launched on RUPM. Its flavor is Berry Mix. Unilab will come out with more flavors in the coming months. Price will be at parity with other imported brands –
(4) 42k runners will experience a red-carpet finish. The finish line for 42km runners will be right inside the Active Health Village, through a short tunnel carved underneath the main stage. The runners’ companions can cheer at the cordoned-off spectators’ waiting area, and at the main stage audience area. All 42km finishers will be given an ice cold glass of Enervon HP Recovery Drink, a grooming station complete with staff will be on standby to make sure that they will look their best in the photo-ops at the finish line.
(5) 42k runners can start their rest and recovery routines by attending a post-race talk and stretching at the Enervon Activ Marathoners’ Lounge where they will receive limited edition RUPM commemorative slippers. The University of Santo Tomas College of Rehabilitation Sciences will provide physical therapy and stretching services inside the Active Health Village.
– Lester of Unilab Active Health and Coach Rio dela Cruz of Runrio show off the RUPM Commemorative Slippers –
(6) RUPM participants and their companions can avail of activities, games, free product samples in various sponsors’ booths at the Unilab Active Health Village. Alaxan FR PBA Legends will also be around for photo-ops. Entertainment will be provided by True Faith and Evedancel of Sugarfree.
All categories except for 42km will have start and finish line at the SM Mall of Asia; the 42km category will start at Bonifacio Global City and finish at SM Mall of Asia.
Gun starts are as follows: 500m dash at 7:00AM; 10K at 5:30AM; 21K at 4:00AM; and 42K at 3:00AM
UNILAB ACTIVE HEALTH’S NEXT EVENTS
Two more events are up ahead in ULAH’s active calendar—Tri United 3 and the Enervon Activ 226 Bohol Triathlon. Registration for both is still ongoing.
- Tri United 3 Elite and Age Group Championship in Subic will feature standard distance (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run) for elite and age-groupers triathletes. It will also accommodate teen triathletes with age categories 15-16 and 17-19 years old.
- Enervon Activ 226 Bohol Triathlon, sponsored by Enervon Activ, organized by Bikeking, is slated for December 7, 2013. The 3.8km Swim – 180km Bike – 42km Run triathlon will be held in Anda, Bohol.
For more race information and results, interested parties may visit ULAH’s official website at unilabactivehealth.com as well as it Facebook and Twitter accounts.