PRESS RELEASE: adidas invites runners from all over to join this year’s adidas ‘King of the Road’ (KOTR) on September 30 at the Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
This year’s race will have three categories – 5K, 10K and 16.8K. For the 16.8K distance, there are two sub categories – the ‘Closed’ category for Filipino nationals and the ‘Open’ category for all nationalities. The top male and female winners from the 16.8km Closed category will be hailed as the Philippines’ ‘King and Queen’ of the Road and will qualify for an all-expense paid trip to Singapore on October 28 to compete in the adidas KOTR Southeast Asia Championship.
– adidas KOTR singlets –
“The adidas King of the Road is a platform that allows runners to achieve their personal best. As a global leader, adidas continuously provides top of the line products, technology, and events that support runners from all over to be the best they can be,” says Jason Gervasio, adidas Brand Communications and Sports Marketing Manager.
Demonstrating the brand’s exceptional commitment to the sport, the first adidas KOTR Southeast Asia Championship, held last year, unified runners from all around the region. The event had participants from the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia all competing in a bid to be crowned as the adidas SEA ‘King of the Road’. The Philippines was chosen as the first country to host the culminating activity of the Southeast Asian championship race in October 2011. Last year, multi-color adidas singlets displayed the vibrancy of running as a sport across the region. This year’s KOTR will feature a new set of colorful singlets that will be on full display at the event.
– 5k Route –
– 10k Route –
– 16.8k Route –
Continuing the tradition of pushing people to achieve their personal breakthroughs, the global brand brings the KOTR SEA Championship Year 2 to Singapore. The race will begin and end in the lion city’s newest iconic landmark – the Gardens by the Bay. Around 12,000 runners are expected to participate as adidas aims to gather the best of the best from five countries to run by Singapore’s newest 100-hectare park.
– adidas KOTR race kit –
To join the race:
- Register for the adidas King of the Road 2012 from July 25 to September 23 online. Click HERE.
- Visit any of 6 KOTR registration sites: adidas Megamall, adidas Rockwell, adidas SM Mall of Asia, adidas Trinoma, adidas Greenbelt and Runnr BGC. Registration sites are open 7 days a week from 12NN to 8PM.
Race fees are as follows: Php1,050.00 for 5km and 10km; Php 1,300.00 for 16.8km.
For news and updates on KOTR, visit the adidas Philippines Facebook fan page.
WIN A ADIDAS KOTR RACE KIT!
HOW TO JOIN:
1) LIKE adidas Philippines on FB
2) LIKE TBR on FB
3) Submit a comment on this post: “I want to run adidas King of the Road!” with the following info:
- Your complete name
- Your username on FB
- Your preferred distance for the race
1) First 2 people who comment win 1 race kit each. Distance of your choice.
2) Contest is open to Metro Manila residents only.
3) Winner will be notified via Facebook on how to claim the prize.