WOW. This is so much fun!
That’s what I thought as I watched the runners come in during our first TBR Dream Team Run last Saturday, November 17, 2012 at NUVALI. And, as I welcomed the teams of runners coming in, that’s all I heard too!
“It was the ‘funnest’ run!”
“It was so much fun!”
“There should be more team runs like this!”
– TBR Dream Team Run medal –
We conceptualized this run a year ago with the vision of making it the first reunion run for TBR Dream Marathon alumni and their friends. TBR Dream Marathon is and always has been a unique run because, even when the marathon is over, you’re almost bonded for life with other TBR Dreamers. We wanted to provide a venue for all our TBR Dreamers—batches 1, 2, 3, and our current participants (yes, that’s how many we are now!)—to gather together once again.
We had one goal in mind: Let’s make it fun! We wanted it to be light and happy, a celebration of friends and running hence half the distance of a marathon. We hoped to encourage bonding and camaraderie among the alumni and their friends who they hoped to “recruit” into the running world so we made it into a team run. We created the BullStock, a laid-back post race celebration with overflowing milk from Enervon HP and Krispy Kreme donuts with lots of laughter and chit-chat hosted by the Boys Night Out.
When you see the photos below, along with a few Facebok statuses that I “borrowed” from those who run the race, you’ll see that we pretty much achieved our goal! Perhaps my only regret is that I didn’t run it myself!
To all those who participated in TBR Dream Team Run, thank you for coming! We had a grand time and I hope you did too. It was heartwarming to see you all once again! Keep the dream alive! 🙂
– Powerpuff Boys was well represented. They won 1st and 2nd Place! –
– Team Gangnam?! –
– Spongebob, Patrick, and Bugs Bunny –
– The snail runners! –
“As an age-grouper who has run various races, I rank this as the best fun run of the calendar for several reasons:
1) Revisiting your first mary is an experience in itself;
2) Distance was perfect–it was achievable, reasonably costume-friendly, yet naturally constrains the race to a manageably pleasant size;
3) Though it is not uncommon to see friends during races, seeing them in themed groups and not in their usual anti-social Zone 5 state was sheer fun;
4) Race organization that has been fine-tuned thru the years;
5) Finishing with friends–priceless.
Thanks, Jaymie, sponsors and volunteers!”
– Roland Benzon
– Team in red… –
– …and The Red Runners without shirts nor shoes! –
– We’ve got a blue team too! –
– Team TBR (Truly Bright Runners!) –
“Race was fantastic, post-race was fun, shirt is the bomb… time with friends new and old = unforgettable. Thank you all!”
– Vince Bunuan
– Hey sole sistah! Hey sole sistah! –
“The happiest run ever by The Bullrunner Dream Marathon Team of Jaymie Pizarro and Jun Cruz. You’ve raised the bar guys! Now time to sleep.. I think we all deserve it after that 4:30 gunstart at Nuvali!”
– Tina Zamora
– with running mommies Tina Zamora and Maricel Pangilinan! –
– Three bumblebees won best costume award –
After the race, runners were treated to Enervon HP and donuts from Krispy Kreme. The awarding was hosted by a trio as well: the Boys Night Out! Hilarious!
– Yeah Men! –
– Awarding of Team Powerpuff Boys –
“Congrats Jaymie Pizarro, Jun Cruz, Neville Manaois and the rest of the TBR alumni run team for the best 21km run of the year! Thanks to Team No Judgement: Jamike and Jake for a fun run!!!”
– Ton Gatmaitan
– with Team No Judgement (Jake, Ton, and Jamike) with Lit, Lester of Unilab Active Health, Jun, and Neville –
– Thanks Jun of TBR Dream Team who made this event a huge success. Here he is with just some of his “fans” led by Coach Norman Pascual –
– Justine and Macel, the two girls who made everything behind the scenes run oh-so smoothly! Thank you! –
– with Jun, Neville, and Macel at 2am before the race. Couldn’t be happier to work with a fantastic team –
Thank you to our sponsors who made this all possible!!! Presenter: Unilab Active Health. Co-Presenter: Runrio. Official Venue Partner: Nuvali. Major Sponsor: Gatorade. Minor Sponsor: Enervon HP, Nutribar, Thorlos, Chris Sports, Paramount Insurance, Krispy Kreme, Spibelt, and Timex. Registration Partners: Secondwind, Riovana, and Starting Line. Media Partner: Multisport. Beneficiary: Hero Foundation.