The Bull Runner – Smart Dream Marathon is not just about letting first-time or second-time marathoners achieve their marathon dream. It is also about experienced marathoners being given the opportunity to give back to the running community, to give new runners the same support and motivation they received from others. To basically pay it forward.
If you are NOT a participant of TBR ULAH Dream Marathon, but you want to be a part of it. This is the way. (more…)
Hello, 2016! I usually set clear goals, not resolutions, at the start of every year. Goals always motivated me to strive harder to achieve more each year. It was all: Go! Go! Go! This time, as I get closer to turning 40 (gulp! Just 5 more months!), I’m turning a bit introspective and observing not just what I’ve achieved but who I’ve become. (Naks, am I not sounding a wee bit more mature too? hah!) So, without further ado, here are 40 resolutions and goals (resolugoals!) for 2016, the year I turn 40! What are your resolutions?
1. Run two marathons. Three if I can squeeze one more in.
2. Hit the trails.
3. Get more women, especially moms, into running.
4. Run tempos every Thursday. No excuses.
5. Swim at least once a week to loosen up.
6. Do core work 3x a week.
7. Get into pilates.
8. Find more time for yoga.
9. At least two days in a week with no sugar or dairy in my diet.
10. Eat more veggies.
11. Learn one new healthy recipe to cook at home per week.
12. Drink more water.
13. Help others eat clean.
14. Blog more often. But…
15. Reduce time spent online… especially Instagram.
16. Be more tolerant of idiots who know not what they do. Haha!
17. Gossip less. Better yet, don’t at all.
18. Speak only of good and positive things.
19. Smile… even when I’m PMS-ing.
20. Be kind to all. Even people I don’t need, know, or like.
21. Never judge.
22. Give at least two compliments per day.
23. Laugh more. About anything and everything. Even myself.
24. Travel more.
25. Work harder.
26. Launch my new project.
27. Invest and save more.
28. Spend less on coffee and pedicures.
29. Be happy being alone. But…
30. Appreciate my true friends.
31. See the good in every one. No matter how hard some times!
32. Spend more time with Mom and siblings.
33. Honor the independence and personality of my kids.
34. Be present. At all times.
35. Train myself to always think positive. Even when shit hits the fan.
36. Always remember how strong I am. After all, I am a marathoner! Raawr!
37. Do something good everyday.
38. Let go of people and things that don’t add value to my life.
40. Make every single day count.
“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”
– Bob Moawad
Oh what a journey it has been, 2015! This year was about independence, achievement, strength, and empowerment for me. Such strong words, you say?! After surviving life’s toughest challenges in the past years, 2015 was about pushing forward, rediscovering myself, and learning that, at the end of the day, I’m pretty darned happy with where I am and who I’ve become.
Here’s my best of 2015: (more…)
Ho ho holiday promo for TBR Dream Half Marathon! We’ve slashed registration fees from P1,600 (late registration) to P1,200 (early registration rate) for our inaugural 21k event! Online registration is at www.dreammarathon.com
For more info on TBR Dream Half Marathon, visit our website: www.tbrdream.com.
Registration for the race closes on December 31, 2015. Hope to see you at the race next year!