Now on its fourth year, the Million Volunteer Run is this year’s biggest humanitarian run organized by the Philippine Red Cross. It aims to further grow the PRC’s already extensive network of volunteers nationwide. Happening on 23 July 2017, Sunday, 4AM, at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila., the advocacy run likewise seeks to once again draw participation from government, corporate, religious, academic, and athletic institutions to rally together behind the impartial protection of life and dignity, especially of indigent Filipinos in vulnerable situations. (more…)
Anton at the starting line of his first half marathon at NYC Runs Flushing Meadows Half Marathon
Ever since I started running, I secretly wished (okay, maybe it wasn’t such a huge secret) that my kids would fall in love with running too. I had visions of us running together on Sundays, joining marathons abroad when they were older, and throwing out words like fartlek and recovery every morning during breakfast. But, I promised myself early on that I would never ever force them into the sport. Doing so can backfire with them hating it altogether. And, I always believe in allowing my children to discover their own path and passions.
So, when Anton, now 16 years old, told me that he wanted to join a half marathon, I was pleasantly surprised. I almost jumped out of my seat to do cartwheels, but, at the same time, an overwhelming feeling of fear and hesitation came over me. (more…)
Ignite your passion for trail running with the Merrell Pilipinas Trail Running Camp! On May 6 to 7, 2017, you can get oriented on the fundamentals of trail running by veteran trail runners and experts speakers like Thumbie Remigio, Manolito Divina, Alex Yap and many more! The 2-day program set at Basekamp in Rizal will give participants an understanding of trail running techniques, hill running, nutrition and training plans and heat/hydration management.
The Pilipinas Trail Running Camp II will have the following program:
- Nutrition: Know more about the fundamentals of nutrition and hydration for endurance running from Asia’s Wonderwoman and International Athlete Jeri Chua from Singapore
- Weather Management: Learn how to cope with the changing conditions in the mountains from Alex Yap and Simon Sandoval who have raced in all continents of the world.
- First Aid on the Run: Experience how to handle properly a number of situations runners could face on the trails in an on–the–run training session by Team Rescue 8.
- Avoiding Injuries: Get insights on how to avoid injuries and how to recover properly through manual therapy and biometrics from Rheyson Cornilla, PT
- Yoga Session: Enjoy an hour of yoga. Experience how it can make the muscles stronger and flexible to face the challenges of the trails by Arlene Agulto, one of the top female local trail runners and a yoga instructor
- Enduring the Trails: Run with Head Mentors Sandi Menchi and Manolito Divina and Camp Director Thumbie Remigio and learn the tips on how to enjoy the trails by doing it better.
- Race Planning: With the race directors and veteran trail runners to help runners reach their goals.
To join the Merrell Pilipinas Trail Running Camp 2, simply register online at www.raceyaya.com. The registration fee of Php 2,500.00 is inclusive of one nightaccommodation, meals for the entire weekend camp, event shirt, and freebies. Full details of the trail camp are also posted on both Merrell’s Facebook page and raceyaya.com
Hi Cebu, we’re flying off to see you! Bubbles Paraiso and I will be leading the first GoWell Community Workout in Cebu and we look forward to seeing you. Hope you join us for this fun event.
GoWell Namaste Run
May 13, 2017, Saturday
Registration starts 6:00 AM
The Terraces, Ayala Center, Cebu City (more…)
I still remember how I struggled to learn how to wear cleats, drink while riding, hold on to the aerobars, and uhm scratch an itch with one hand when I was a beginner learning to ride my tri bike. At least, nowadays, you have organized classes like this to teach you all you need to know when it comes to riding! Join now!